While indirect procurement organizations have often been viewed as less mature than their direct procurement counterparts, indirect leaders — in the course of addressing the many complexities associated with indirect spend — have learned many lessons that can be applied to direct procurement.
For example, most indirect procurement organizations operate under an influence model where enabling technologies are critical to drive preferred supplier adoption and manage maverick spend. And while most core direct categories are well-managed with defined suppliers, less critical direct materials and services often face some of the same complexities as indirect spend.
In this webinar, experts from GEP and The Hackett Group will join SIG in exploring the possibilities for direct procurement’s continued transformation — including those possibilities arising from leading-edge, AI-native procurement technology platforms, which have already helped drive indirect procurement toward greater effectiveness and business value creation.
On the Agenda:
- Finding commonalities in the goals, processes and challenges of direct and indirect procurement
- Identifying aspects of direct procurement that are ripe for rejuvenation, such as supplier management and analytic tools
- Exploring AI and automation in procurement software and the transformative potential of these technologies for direct procurement
The presentation includes a live Q&A session for the audience.
- Mudit Kumar - Senior Director, Consulting, GEP
- Kurt Albertson - Principal – Procurement Advisory, The Hackett Group