SIG MEMBERSHIP TERMS OF SERVICE
Welcome to Sourcing Industry Group (SIG)! We are glad you have decided to become a member of our community, and we look forward to your active participation. The more involved you get, the more you will get out of your membership. Before you begin, however, we ask that you review these Membership Terms of Service (TOS) and agree to be bound by them. It is important that you understand both the services we provide as well as your obligations.
For non-member users of SIG's website, use of this website indicates that you have read and agree to be legally bound by this TOS as applicable to the website and content.
1. By using any of SIG's Membership Services, the Member acknowledges and agrees to be bound by these TOS for use of the SIG Member Services, including the Provider (sell-side) Code of Conduct Policy listed below and detailed at www.sig.org/conduct as revised time to time. The TOS apply to all subscriptions of one or more SIG Membership Services.
2. Membership types vary and if you are an Enterprise-wide member, the term "Member" actually refers to the buy-side or sell-side of your company. Additional memberships must be purchased for the company's subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, holding companies and otherwise related entities. Enterprise membership applies to validated, corresponding company URL email addresses. Memberships are either designated as buy-side or sell-side and cannot be used interchangeably. (In some instances, a company may have both a buy-side and a sell-side membership.)
3. By using SIG's Membership Services, you represent and warrant that you have all necessary right, power and authority to be bound by these TOS on behalf of your company, including that you are over the age of 18. Membership Services:
4. The TOS apply to the various tools and services that SIG offers as part of our community of sourcing, outsourcing and procurement professionals ("Membership Services"). SIG's Membership Services are to be used only by validated employees of a Member company and may not be shared with, combined with other products, redistributed or permitted to be used by any person not employed by the Member company, in whole or in part.
Subscription Length and Renewals:
5. Membership Services subscription dates and details are described in each Member's individual SIG invoice.
6. Each Membership Services subscription shall be valid for the Term stated in the Member's invoice, unless otherwise terminated pursuant to the "Termination" provision herein.
7. Membership Fee amounts and required dates of payment are described in each Member's individual SIG invoice(s). Membership fees must be paid via check or EFT, or credit card.
7.1: Multi-year Discount Memberships: Member agrees that to be eligible for a discounted multi-year subscription rate, Member agrees to pay each annual fee in advance as expressly stated on the Member's invoice. Failure to make payments for the full multi-year subscription period shall give SIG the right to change the subscription rate to its full subscription rate then in effect and accordingly amend Member's membership fees due and payable, including payment for the difference between the multi-year discounted subscription rate and the full subscription rate.
8. If Member fails to pay the Membership Fees within thirty (30) business days of receiving an invoice, then a $250.00 late fee may be applied. Further, Member's failure to pay the Membership Fees, or any part thereof, within sixty (60) days of receiving an invoice for such fees constitutes a material breach of these binding TOS and SIG may, at its discretion and without notice to the Member, immediately discontinue its Membership Services and prevent the Member from accessing any Membership Services. SIG reserves the right to do so without possible penalty for doing so and without waiving any additional rights or legal remedies it may have to pursue payment due. These payment terms expressly survive termination of the Membership Services subscription.
9. Member agrees to provide SIG with current, accurate and complete contact and billing information when registering for services, and to promptly notify SIG of any changes to that information.
10. For an opportunity to present any event/virtual or in person, the member must abide by the due dates for abstract submittal, presentation submittal in order to present. Failure to miss one or more of the required due dates is cause to cancel their session / webinar and no refund of any membership fees will be granted for their failure to meet the deadlines.
11. SIG strictly prohibits Member from actively selling their products or services to other members. The only forms of promotion SIG allows are the exchange of business cards, a single slide at the beginning of a presentation, a contact slide at the end of a presentation, sponsorships and networking. Further, Members who speak on webinars or at live events may not use contact information provided as a benefit of sponsorship to actively solicit new business nor share product/service information, with the following exceptions: Contact lists may be used to distribute white papers or articles that are relevant to the presentation in question; if an attendee expressly requests follow-up information about the Member's product/service, the Member may share that information; if a request like that is made, the person/company making the request has invited the Member to open the communication for a business relationship.
SIG provides opportunities for members to sponsor events and/or brand items in association with certain SIG conferences and meetings. SIG provides these opportunities so members will not otherwise promote their products, services, or agendas. Please review the detailed Provider (sell-side) Code of Conduct Policy at www.sig.org/conduct. Violation of SIG's Conduct Policy shall result in immediate Termination with Cause.
13. Termination Without Cause: Either party may terminate this Membership Services agreement without cause (i.e., for no reason) with sixty (60) days written notice to the other party. (A) If SIG terminates this agreement without cause, any membership fees paid in advance shall be reimbursed to the Member on a pro rata basis. (B) If the Member terminates this agreement without cause, the Member shall not be entitled to reimbursement for any membership fees already paid; and SIG shall be entitled to off set any monies due to it from the Member against any membership fees paid in advance, (C) If SIG terminates the membership due to breach of the Provider Code of Conduct, no membership fees will be refunded and the Provider must be put on a 1 year leave of absence before they can request to rejoin SIG.
14. If this Membership Services agreement is terminated for any reason, the Member shall discontinue the use of all material that would make it appear to the public that it is still a member of SIG. Representations and Warranties:
15. Member represents and warrants to SIG that all of the information provided by it to SIG to register as a Member and participate in SIG's Membership Services is correct and current.
(a) SIG has the right to change, alter or vary the scope or extent of the services offered upon notice to you provided, however, that SIG shall not materially degrade the Membership Services provided. Member expressly understands and agrees the Membership Services are provided on an "as-is" and "as available" basis and that Member's use is at its sole risk. While SIG has taken reasonable care in making the Membership Services available to Member, SIG makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the content or the suitability or reliability of the Membership Services, including without limitation, all content on index.php.
(b) Member shall be solely responsible for its own Content submitted for inclusion on index.php and the consequences of submitting and publishing its Content (defined in this section 15(b) as: any materials or information that Member submits for inclusion at SIG events and/or on the SIG website, including without limitation: white papers, presentations, podcasts, tools, templates, testimonials, or other information or publications). Member affirms, represents, and warrants that it owns or has the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish any Content submitted to SIG, and Member grants a license to SIG for all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to such Content for publication on index.php pursuant to these Terms of Service. For clarity, Member retains all of its ownership rights in its own Content. However, by submitting the Content to SIG, Member hereby grants SIG a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, distribute, and display the Content in connection with SIG's website and Membership Services.
Attorney Fees and Costs:
16. If either party brings an action for any dispute, relief or collection against the other party, declaratory or otherwise, arising out of the arrangement described herein, the losing party shall pay to the prevailing party a reasonable sum for attorney fees and costs actually incurred in bringing such action, all of which shall be deemed to have accrued upon the commencement of such action and shall be paid whether or not such action is prosecuted to judgment. For the purpose of this Section 16, attorney fees shall include without limitation fees incurred in connection with arbitration (including arbitrator(s) fees), discovery, post judgment motions, contempt proceedings, garnishment and levy.
Limitation on Liability:
17. Except in case of willful misconduct, or gross negligence, the Parties' liability to each other for damages or other amounts arising out of or in connection with SIG's web site, the Membership Services or other material or information provided by SIG hereunder, or any other aspect of this agreement, shall not exceed the total amount of payments made or due by Member to SIG during the one (1) year period prior to the claim or demand. Except in case of willful misconduct or gross negligence, in no event shall the Parties be liable for any incidental, indirect, consequential, exemplary, punitive or special damages, or any damages for lost profits, lost data or lost business, even if the Parties have been advised as to the possibility of such damages. MEMBER RELEASES AND AGREES TO HOLD SIG HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, DEMANDS OR LIABILITY that may arise in connection with or as a result of use or misuse, whether or not authorized by Member, of Member's account designation and/or password.
18. SIG may update or change the TOS time to time and recommends that Member review them on a regular basis. Member understands and agrees that its continued use of the Membership Services after any changes to the TOS constitutes Member's acceptance of them as revised. Without limiting the foregoing, if SIG makes a change that materially impacts Member's use of Membership Services, SIG may post notice of any such change on the SIG Website and/or email Members notice of any such change.
19. The complete or partial invalidity or unenforceability of any provision herein shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of such provision for any other purpose or the remaining provisions in this agreement.
20. This agreement shall be binding on the parties, their respective successors and permitted assigns, heirs and/or legal representatives.
21. Force Majeure: Neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure in performance due to causes beyond its reasonable control.
22. The waiver by any party of a breach or default by the other party of any provision of this agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any succeeding breach or default by the other party, nor shall either party's delay or omission to exercise or avail itself of any right or remedy hereunder or by law operate as a waiver of any such right or remedy.
23. This agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the terms of the State of Florida without regard to any rules governing conflicts of laws. The parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the County of Nassau, State of Florida courts for all purposes relating to the terms and conditions herein.
24. Intellectual Property: Member acknowledges that intellectual property rights subsisting in the Membership Services (including SIG's Website content) and Services are owned by SIG or third parties. Member agrees that it acquires use, not ownership rights, in the intellectual property and Member is responsible for complying with all applicable intellectual property laws.
25. Upon receiving your SIG Membership password, Member agrees that it is responsible for keeping its password confidential and secure, and further understands that it is solely responsible and liable for any activities that occur under its Membership ID. If Member suspects or becomes aware of any unauthorized use of its account please immediately contact SIG at contact.php. Member further acknowledges and agrees not to share its account and/or password details outside the Member company.
26. Certain content, components or features of the Member Services may include materials from third parties and/or hyperlinks to other Websites, resources or content. Because SIG may have no control over such third party sites and/or materials, Member acknowledges and agrees that SIG is not responsible for the availability of such sites or resources, and does not endorse or warrant the accuracy of any such sites or resources, and shall in no way be liable or responsible for any content, advertising, products or materials on or available from such sites or resources. Member further acknowledges and agrees that SIG shall not be responsible or liable in any way for any damages Member incurs or alleges to have incurred, either directly or indirectly, as a result of its use and/or reliance upon any such content, advertising, products or materials on or available from such sites or resources.