The Supplier Diversity Program Manager reports directly to the Program Director and is responsible for
managing communications, community relations, public education, outreach efforts/events management,
training of staff and suppliers associated with the advancement of OHSU’s Supplier Diversity Program.
The Supplier Diversity Program Manager will work directly with the Program Director to develop, manage
and execute a communications and branding strategy across a broad spectrum of platforms and audiences, including but not limited to content generation, social media planning, website maintenance, print design, and other duties as needed.
The Supplier Diversity Program Manager will cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with
community organizations, coordinate outreach events, manage OHSU’s participation in community
organization functions, monitor reporting across all of OHSU departments, deliver training on best practices to OHSU staff, presentations to the public, and collaborate with contract managers across departments to advance supplier diversity program goals.
The Supplier Diversity Program Manager will deliver instructor- led trainings for suppliers and new and
experienced OHSU staff regarding OHSU’s Supplier Diversity initiatives.
Telecommute available within the Portland Metropolitan Area
Function/Duties of Position
- Exceptional demonstrated writing and project management skills, and a knowledge of and/or deep interest in public health
- Plan, source material for, creation and maintenance of SD event calendars for quarterly newsletter, regular social media account postings and blog to keep communications timely and in line with strategic communication goals
- Manage variable content creation across multiple channels including newsletter, website, blog, annual report, and other social media platforms as needed (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.). Manage website redesign
- Act as the primary point of contact for external and internal queries including the Supplier Diversity mailbox
- Identify opportunities with OHSU Communications team to raise the overall visibility of Supplier Diversity
- Help plan, design, and write Annual Report
- Assisting Program Director with internal and external presentations, graphics and other visuals, on an as-needed basis
- Support Community Relations and Outreach Efforts under the direction of the Program Director.
- Maintain program partnerships across external agencies and organizations while representing OHSU at various organizations throughout the community including minority chambers of commerce, community alliances, professional organizations, and advisory boards
- Participate in Small Business Program and Small Business Community events throughout the year: providing communication and program updates and events to Program participants, Community Advocacy Organizations,
and Program Partners
- Create and manage outreach events in coordination with OHSU department staff and community organizations
- Prepare and deliver public presentations
Training And Support
- The Supplier Diversity Program Manager will deliver training to support OHSU Supplier Diversity Program goals to internal stakeholders and key suppliers
- Develop and maintain best practice guides for solicitation, RFP evaluation, interviewing, and outreach communications for project and contract managers
- Assist Manager in the design and development of various courses and trainings for new and experienced staff
- Support Compliance Manager to develop support programs, tools, and training content for prime contractors and trade partners to support their compliance with OHSU’s reporting requirements and supplier diversity goals
- Lead instructor-led training for new and experienced employees
- Ensure training meets instructional objectives and assist trainees
individually as needed
- Create and deliver education programs for Department Directors and staff to deepen their understanding of the human impacts of supplier diversity program related efforts
- Administers, and reviews course evaluations with managers that measure learner reactions to, and satisfaction with, a class and adjusts training accordingly
Additional Administrative Duties
- Special projects as assigned by the Manager
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration, or a field directly related to the position will substitute for two years of the required experience
- Five years of experience with responsibility for program or project monitoring and coordination. The experience must have included program evaluation responsibility.
- Three years experience in Supplier Diversity Outreach, Event Management and maintenance of Diverse Supplier Advocacy group relationship
- One year of experience providing training, course design and web development including online courses, instructional design, technical writing, and understanding of theories, tools and methods of adult learning
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
Job Related Knowledge, Skills And Abilities (Competencies)
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written; editing proofing and visual layout/design skills; ability to work with diverse individuals and teams reflect the ability to convey complex issues on multiple topics for a range of audiences and purposes; self-motivated, capable of managing multiple complex projects in a professional and timely manner.
- Experience managing social media channels. Graphic design skills, online content management system experience and advanced PowerPoint skills Strong detail orientation with ability to make decisions based on big picture priorities and considerations.
- Experienced public speaking skills
- Ability to give and receive feedback in a constructive manner
- Highly motivated and responsible
- Master’s degree in marketing/ communications
- Organizational Development Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with DEI-related communications and outreach to diverse populations
- Please submit Cover letter with Resume to be considerated for position
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.