In this session, SIG CEO and President Dawn Tiura will put Coupa CEO Rob Bernshteyn on the hot seat for a grilling on the state of the sourcing industry. Expect hot topics, future trends and lively debate, garnished with a healthy dose of unfettered opinion.
Organizations are under more pressure than ever to innovate, deliver quickly and respond instantly to changes in the competitive landscape. At the core of this shift is the talent strategy within an organization. Traditional hiring cycles, which are rigid, slow and cumbersome, will not be sufficient to meet this demand, nor will traditional modes of engaging outside talent and expertise.
The Human Cloud is driving organizations towards a new paradigm in talent management - building teams of highly capable individuals, on demand, that are designed to drive specific outcomes. For organizations to thrive in this new future, they will need to develop the ability to rapidly assemble, lead and manage teams blended from a wide range of sources.
- How to understand the different types of talent in the Human Cloud, and why there is no "one size fits all" answer
- How to develop ideas to enhance the talent management strategy of your organization
- How to understand and implement the core competencies required to maximize the value delivered by the Human Cloud and a blended workforce
- How to build a workplace that is attractive to a wide range of talent, including freelance and globally distributed talent
Managing suppliers has become more complex and critical to reduce risk. Add to that, employees spend money in various way through many channels. In this session, we will discuss approaches for constructing a preferred supplier list as well as methods for ensuring your buyers are purchasing from the right suppliers.
- How to create a process for onboarding low-risk suppliers
- How to drive employees to contracted and preferred suppliers
- How to leverage innovative technologies to ensure adoption
As basic purchasing is automated and outsourced, procurement professionals must upgrade their capabilities to continue to add value. Want to be a preferred customer...or a trusted advisor? You may have to "sell" your company to leading suppliers and "sell" procurement's contribution to your stakeholders. World class sales professionals know that this kind of selling is not about being pushy or self-promoting - it's about building a relationship that creates sustainable value. To equip them to do so, their companies have invested in helping them effectively integrate strategic thinking, influencing skills and collaborative behavior into their toolkit.
- What matters to your stakeholders, and why
- How to develop strategies that add value, in and outside the business
- Why you need to engage more effectively with your counterparts
- How to build a roadmap for your team's development
In this highly interactive session, we will start with a discussion forum on the benefits of making a workforce model strategic. We will also explore how to make your workforce solution a 'strategic business asset' for your company, by leveraging your talent ecosystem and elevating the visibility of the program to the C-suite. This will lead to conversations around maturity and ways to close the gap between "current" and "strategic." Finally we will close out with some thoughts on design, transformation, interdependencies and "futuring."
- How to understand the current state of your workforce solution
- How to review the gap between current and strategic
- The benefits of being a "strategic business asset"
- How to practically work towards being more strategic
Marketing has the potential to directly impact revenue and is one of the primary ways that companies communicate with their customers. So it is not unusual for agency expenses to be one of the largest areas of indirect spend. Naturally, executives want to ensure company investments with agencies are managed effectively. Enter Procurement. While Procurement and Marketing are both working towards increasing profits, the means by which this goal is achieved can differ. Procurement is often focused on reducing costs, while Marketing is usually more concerned with the quality of campaigns. Both approaches are critical to a company's success and do not need to be mutually exclusive. This session will show delegates how to achieve a mutually beneficial relationship between Procurement and Marketing with trust, collaboration and transparency.
- Why agency transparency has become a priority for advertisers
- How risks can differ when working with small, independent agencies versus agency holding companies
- How to recognize non-transparent business practices and contracts
- How Marketing and Procurement can improve collaboration during agency negotiations
- How to communicate effectively with Marketing stakeholders and agencies
- How Procurement can help Marketing improve relationships with agencies while optimizing ROI on agency spend
Digitization has reshaped businesses - and the millennial workforce is driving demand for a workplace environment typically seen only in newer tech firms. Will your Corporate Services and amenities deliver the workplace experience demanded by this incoming millennial generation? Unlike Corporate Services of old that were hidden in the basement, new workplace services are visible, interactive and expected to create an experience that motivates millennials and others to choose going to the office over working from home.
Industries like financial services, manufacturing, insurance and healthcare recognize the threat of not having the right workplace environment and are working hard to reinvent their Corporate Services. This session will look at how companies are transforming their corporate atmosphere, and will share relevant sourcing and procurement considerations from vendor evaluation to SOW and pricing.
- What amenities are most important in Corporate Services
- How to blend physical and digital services, skills and onsite and offshore resources to maximize service value
- Strategies and options for reducing costs
- The SOW and operational KPIs necessary to ensure the operational and financial performance you expect
This case study illustrates how an organization transitioned to a vendor-neutral and integrated MSP/VMS solution, and as a result, increased headcount by 30% and achieved $1.6M in savings. Organizations using a private talent network to self-source workers typically realize a significantly lower mark-up than agency recruited workers (~20% or more savings on every order). And, client managers typically rate self-sourced workers with consistently higher quality scores than other types of workers sourced. In this session, you will hear how a self-sourcing strategy can drive the direct sourcing of talent, reduce costs and increase headcount.
- How to build, implement and curate a private talent network
- How to realize significantly lower mark-ups with self-sourcing than staffing agency-supplied workers (capture savings as high as 20% or more)
- How to reduce time to fill and realize higher worker and hiring manager satisfaction
- How to leverage a strong client brand in local areas
Just like running an employee background check, mitigating supplier risk requires proactive and intentional vetting. The same concept applies for even more complex, multi-tiered supply chains. Beyond sourcing operations, bad vendor data also affects supply chain users in procurement, accounts payable and legal departments. Sourcing departments should monitor real-time news for human trafficking and disbarment cases that may be associated with their supply chain. Since analytic output is only as good as data input, access to the correct data is vital for a successful supplier risk strategy. Learn how to build a more transparent and sustainable supply chain by considering three key areas of supplier risk mitigation during the strategic sourcing process.
- Three successful approaches to supplier risk mitigation
- How technology and automation can build sustainable supply chains
- Why wins for sourcing start with clean supplier data
- How supplier diversity equals supplier sustainability
In this session, the presenter will cover the benefits of professional services spend management with an emphasis on supplier visibility, SOW analysis and management. Delegates will learn how AI and Machine Learning are game changers in this crucial aspect of indirect spend management. Those responsible for sourcing and category management of indirect services spend would benefit greatly from this session.
- How to uncover the power of data
- How to enable better buying decisions
- How to turn insight into action
Join Meritor in exploring their collaboration journey. The session will explore Meritor's innovative approach to collaboration across suppliers and within their enterprise. Learn how Meritor and Ivalua are transforming supply chain collaboration with a balanced focus on efficiency, risk management, and compliance to scale with market demands.
- How Meritor is transforming supply chain collaboration
- How improved efficiency, risk management and compliance can help drive growth
- How to boost your compliance in order to scale with market demands
Compliance is a stated objective for virtually every Procurement team, and the stakes have never been higher. The potential negatives of non-compliant spending or procurement practices on a company's profitability and reputation are undeniable. But what about the upside of implementing compliant, digital processes - how might a Return on Compliance (ROC) be calculated and what does it take to achieve Procurement's ROC goals? This case study will illustrate best practices and innovative Source-to-Pay technologies that can help your organization formulate a concrete plan of action for strengthening your compliance, while simultaneously bolstering the bottom line.
- The many facets of compliance - spend, process, contract, regulatory and more
- How to benchmark with the best-in-class to assess your own degree of organizational compliance
- How to chart the course for compliance, including best practices for implementing compliant procurement
- The role of change management in changing behavior
- How to create the (business) case for compliance and determine your ROC
With back office functions being a rich target for automation and AI and internal business customers desiring more self-service, what will be the eventual impact to your procurement function at your company? Are you preparing for a different world?
The panelists will discuss:
- The projected impacts from new technologies to the way procurement work is accomplished today
- The tools and technologies we should be embracing
- How our organizations are embracing (or running from) the eventual changes
- Efforts to prepare our organizations to get through the change curve
- Effective ways to learn as an organization How our skills and expertise need to change
- How we can leverage this opportunity
Based on a recently-completed blockchain sector research project, which included input from blockchain service providers around the world, delegates will learn about current best practices and what's coming next for blockchain in procurement. The presenter will offer an overview of the current state of technology and services available to procurement professionals and shed light on the future of digital procurement.
- About current best practices in blockchain for procurement
- The reasons to choose one blockchain architecture over another
- The trialing and deployment process
- The roadmap toward the future of digital procurement
The Digital Transformation and Intelligent Procurement Age has arrived. Whether you are a Millennial, a Baby Boomer or somewhere in between, you have a front seat to this digital transformation, with innovative technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Internet of Things (IoT) and Watson disrupting today?s workplace. Intelligent Procurement is a relevant example, and is allowing organizations to work smarter while expediting decision making, increasing productivity, improving efficiency and driving employee engagement and satisfaction.
The fact is, the world is going digital with technological advances that are accelerating and simplifying decision making like never before?yet many businesses are unprepared. The technologies, skills and processes that businesses have in place today do not always translate to the digital world and often delay decision making. The modern company must transform itself to adapt to today's digital world. This session will address new advances in predictive analytics, artificial intelligence, big data and concepts like cognitive procurement that are now front and center in the commercial world.
- Why it's important to embrace technological change as a strategic corporate differentiator
- How to embed technology into business processes to simplify work activities
- How technologies can help elevate procurement to a strategic seat in the boardroom
Rising globalization. Intense competition. High customer expectations. Rapid change. These are just a few of the challenges (and opportunities) that we face in today's business world. Now more than ever, it's absolutely crucial to execute sourcing, procurement, and supply chain management to a highly strategic and high performing degree. To rise to these challenges - and grasp the opportunities they present - sourcing leaders today must reform, automate, educate, and, ultimately, work seamlessly with business stakeholders to achieve truly strategic sourcing. In this session, learn how to easily execute successful cross-team collaborative sourcing plan.
- How to dismantle barriers to collaboration
- How to increase business impact down to the bottom line
- How to foster seamless communication
Join this discussion with Honda's Indirect Procurement team as they highlight the Honda Motor 2030 company vision, and what the Indirect Procurement team is doing to improve Honda's business characteristics through managing Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery & Moral (SQCDM).
- How to use marketable characteristics to drive SQCDM
- How to leverage global market research to affect supplier deliverables
- How to connect competing objectives to support your company's global strategy
There are two kinds of contingent workforce programs: those that have been audited and those that will be. In this session, the head of contingent workforce management for one of America's leading insurance companies tells how his program prepared for - and passed - a nine-month-long internal compliance audit. Learn the steps you need to take to prepare for and successfully complete a program audit of your own.
- How an audit can add value to your program
- How to prepare for a program audit
- How to use your MSP and VMS to support your audit process
- How to leverage audit results to make your program even better
You know you need an eProcurement tool to be more efficient and effective...but sometimes the biggest hurdle is convincing your stakeholders that it is a win-win for them as well. This session will give you practical tips for getting support from your stakeholders, and will provide a case study on how to pick an eSourcing vendor while simultaneously building the financial case on the buy side.
- How to build a case that shows need over want
- Successful tips for gaining buy-in from stakeholders
- Why you should choose a strategic partner rather than "just a vendor"
- About the before, during and after of the upstream process
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is impacting the very way companies do business. In this fast-paced, dynamic market, it's essential that you stay abreast of the latest market and vendor developments to best harness the power of RPA - at the right cost and with suitable contract terms. With everyone touting their "latest thing," attend this session to separate the hype from the truth.
- Considerations for vetting the underlying RPA software vendors based upon late-breaking market developments
- The impact of the convergence of RPA and AI (and other key automation tools)
- Key contract pricing metrics so you are prepared for deal negotiations
- How to manage the implications of RPA on your existing outsourcing relationships
Agile talent is fundamentally changing the traditional workforce with companies using innovative models to transform their procurement organizations and improve results. Engage with your peers in a panel discussion and learn how they are predicting talent needs and shaping their workforces using many types of talent. You will learn how talent agility is critical for organizational growth and effectiveness. We will discuss the types of skills in greatest demand in today's procurement organizations and predict future needs. By the end of this session, you will better understand how to manage agile workers, foster communication, utilize technology and create an agile workforce culture.
- What tools and technologies procurement organizations are using to predict their talent needs
- What skills are in highest demand now and in the future and how agile workers are contributing to closing the skills gap
- How organizations are responding to cultural shifts and integrating agile workers
- How procurement organizations are fostering communication and networking among agile workers
Working with third parties continues to be the single biggest corruption risk for business. Yet, despite the clear risk, it remains one of the hardest anti-corruption areas to get right. Studies show that almost two-thirds of due diligence procedures were graded as inadequate. Is your business doing enough?
- How to prioritize your third parties
- How to obtain reliable data
- How to deal with red flags
In today's era of growing talent scarcity, widespread industry transformation and an unpredictable economic environment, companies are increasingly leveraging MSP programs to gain flexibility, cost savings and the ability to quickly drive their business forward. However, many organizations have come to the painful and uneasy realization that what got them to this point, will not propel them into the future. Even the most state-of-the-art MSP programs can suffer from stagnation and user dissatisfaction if they fail to innovate and evolve with the rapidly changing contingent workforce. In this dynamic session, we will explore how companies have successfully pivoted in the face of inevitable market forces. Attendees will learn how they can leverage some of their learnings and best practices in running a Talent Forward MSP program to create a progressive contingent workforce strategy that stands the test of time.
- How to view an MSP solution from all users' perspectives to create a more comprehensive talent strategy
- How to build a compelling business case for change; outlining business needs, defining measures of success and creating a risk management strategy
- How to align key stakeholders behind the project in order to meet key business objectives
- How to define a detailed scope of service which is "fit for purpose"
Ever wonder if your highly collaborative relationship might be too collaborative and crossing the line? This panel will explore various perspectives and acceptable practices for highly collaborative relationships. Both buyers and suppliers will learn from a diverse panel how to use the right practices to build stronger and more collaborative teaming environments. The panelists will discuss: Various collaboration efforts buyers and suppliers are using to create a more collaborative environment - both during the bidding process and post-contract Perspectives on what collaboration efforts might be seen as "crossing the line" The laws, regulations and resources you can turn to for guidance
In a service-oriented business, there is nothing more important than hiring well for business. This session will focus on resource utilization and the various paths that business partners select to find the right talent yet maintain compliance. We will highlight our approach to HR/Procurement/Business Unit partnerships, inclusion of key business stakeholders in enterprise-wide RFx process, and communicating difficult information to key suppliers. We hope this interactive session will challenge the way you think about the role Procurement plays in staffing strategies.
- How we used our past to improve our future
- How to use interdisciplinary teams to change enterprise rules of engagement and processes
- Outcomes that can save you time and money
VSP Global has taken a customer centric approach to strategic sourcing not only in how we engage and service our internal customer, but also how we enable them to drive the right business outcomes using proven strategies to: mitigate risk; enhance value through better business outcome negotiations; drive deal speed; and collaborate with our stakeholders. We address our challenges, approaches and wins but avoid typical discussions around enforcing compliance, managing transactions and working through red tape. Join this session so you can learn how to follow the path from order taker to trusted advisor.
- How to navigate stakeholder challenges
- Where to invest and get ROI from people, process and technology
- How to align with the business and deliver results
- Yes, how to become a trusted advisor
The Supply Chain Lifecycle is turned upside down when the Procurement organization is "The Business" for an enterprise process. Our team recently took accountability for transactional print, causing the team to relook at all our internal and external supply processes. In this session, we will highlight our approach in addressing the challenges of ongoing supply chain management and oversight from a totally unique perspective. We have become our own worst critic, witnessing first-hand procurement practices that can be improved.
- When strategy and talent align to form the perfect match
- The importance of timeliness to influence cross-functional teams
- Key insights into the identification and management of risk
- How to improve compliance and oversight by leveraging technology
In this session, the presenters will show how they brought additional value to category management, in year four and five of the category. Attendees will learn how to transform a normal strategic sourcing practice to transformational sourcing with new tools. We will discuss where you can utilize transformational sourcing methods and explore transformational sourcing toolkits, so bring your questions, concerns and an open mind for how to upgrade your strategic sourcing organization.
- How to obtain authorization for a transformational sourcing approach
- The benefits of transformational sourcing
- How to develop team skill sets