Sr Director, Procurement – Site Services
About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do meaningful work, that makes a positive impact on a global scale! Join 130,000 colleagues who bring our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. You’ll find the resources here to achieve your career goals and help take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges. This includes protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe, and helping find cures for cancer.
How will you make an impact?
In the role you will lead category management for multiple enterprise-wide global categories encompassing multiple sites, divisions and groups with complex requirements. Ensures that the category strategy is aligned with the functional/business objectives and work closely with Division Business Partners, Quality, Operations, R&D, and Business leaders to ensure category strategies are aligned cross functionally. Leads a Category team responsible for strategic sourcing activities and supplier management functions. Builds organizational strength, creates robust sourcing strategies, negotiates agreements, manages strategic supplier relationships, and drives continuous improvement year over year savings.
The Sr Director of Procurement – Site Services will run Thermo Fisher Scientific’s global Site Services spend of approximately $800 million annually, which includes the following spend categories: Facility Management, MRO, Lab Services, Industrial Gases, Engineering Services, R&D, Office Supplies. In this role, you will lead a team of Category Leaders responsible for strategic sourcing activities and supplier management functions, develop sourcing strategy aligned with functional / business objectives, build organizational strength, create robust sourcing strategies, negotiate agreements, lead strategic supplier relationships, and drive continuous improvement. In addition, you will act as a key business partner to the functional leadership teams.
Scale Of Responsibilities
- Connects key categories with all levels within Thermo Fisher business divisions ensuring alignment of strategies and financial targets
- Accountable for the multi-year category strategy and plan objectives, timelines, and goals
- Analyzes cross-divisional spending and develop global strategic sourcing plans to reduce the total cost of ownership for all business units without compromising quality and service levels
- Demonstrates a measurable reduction in year over year total cost of ownership for the goods and services being sourced without compromising quality and service levels
- Considers financial planning, forecasting, P&L performance, inventory, cash flow, tariffs and inflation to inform strategy
- Act as the key global Site Services sourcing interface with Functional leaders and all Thermo Fisher divisions ensuring alignment of strategies and commitments.
- Analyze cross-divisional spend and develop global strategic sourcing plans to reduce total cost of ownership for all business units.
- Demonstrate a measurable reduction in year over year for the goods and/or services being sourced without compromising quality and/or service levels.
- Provide thought leadership in developing and implementing sourcing strategies.
- Build subcategory strategies using cross functional teams and sourcing process diligence.
- Manage contracting process and lead coordination with Legal to ensure commercial relationships are appropriately documented
- Champion use of eSourcing, Spend Visibility, and P2P tools company-wide
- Lead the supplier qualification, RFP, supplier selection, contract development, implementation, compliance, and ongoing supply base management process related to Site Services
- Drive functional excellence across the Site Services portfolio including skills development and identifying training needs
- Maintain relationships with functional senior management and the suppliers
- Create and maintain communication mechanism to ensure coordination and reporting of sourcing impact
- Utilizes AQSCIR (Assurance, Quality, Service, Cost, Innovation, Regulatory) method to develop and drive 3 to 5 year global sourcing strategies focused on identifying and contracting with suppliers that meet category management goals
- Leads the Global Sourcing Site Services Team
- Develop staff to build expertise in both the areas of spend and in strategic sourcing processes.
- Mentor staff and develop training programs that addresses individual areas of improvement.
- Drives adoption of global sourcing strategies across the enterprise and ensures ongoing cross team collaboration.
- Champions use of eSourcing, Spend Visibility, and P2P tools company-wide
- Works with Division Business Partners and functional colleagues to gather business requirements for category strategy development
- Creates and maintains a communication mechanism to ensure coordination with internal colleagues and reporting of sourcing impact
- Leads a Global Category Team to create expertise in both the areas of spend and in strategic sourcing processes
- Mentors and develops staff through coaching and development plans to address individual areas of improvement
- Implements talent initiatives to improve Employee Involvement Survey results
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business, Finance and/or Supply Chain; Graduate Degree in Business (Preferred)
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Indirect sourcing / operational leadership with global responsibility, focused on Site Services categories
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving significant savings
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills, strategic sourcing, process/project management, computer technology, leadership and partnership.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and make decisions or recommendations based on potentially incomplete information.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with all levels of an organization.
- Broad business acumen to include manufacturing, sourcing - Total Cost of Ownership decisions in dynamic companies where best in class practices are employed
- Strong leadership and effective business partnering capabilities
- Proven track record of developing high performing teams
- Outstanding negotiating skills, especially at an executive management level
- Confirmed project management skills
- Problem solving and decision-making talent
- Outstanding quantitative skills
We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus scheme, healthcare, company pension, and a range of employee benefits!
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation.”
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.