Are you highly motivated by procurement initiatives in various indirect categories where you have the ability to drive change in the corporate decision making? Do you want to work with a team full of awesome people who chip in to help each other be successful? Look no further and come work with us!
You will have to uphold high ethical and business conduct standards in addition to providing best in class procurement support and guidance in all that you do as an individual contributor. As a successful candidate you must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, like being continually challenged, demonstrate sound judgment, and have attention to detail.
The Purpose of Your Role
The position of Sourcing Specialist requires talented, experienced, professionals with good business acumen, legal acuity, product knowledge, project management and organization skills. These skills, combined with a suite of competencies designed to successfully navigate the enterprise and vendor community, are necessary to produce well-constructed, mid-complexity solutions and contracts containing sound financials, balanced risk and measurable vendor accountabilities.
The Value You Deliver
- Interacting and collaborating well with internal stakeholders from Legal, Compliance, IT, Sales, Marketing and other functional business areas, as applicable
- You will influence across all levels of management, including executive leadership
- You will lead business requirement gathering sessions
- Document and prepare comprehensive bidding packages
- Represent Florida Blue as the single point of contact with potential suppliers during the RFP process
- You will facilitate and lead onsite vendor presentations
- You will develop and facilitate the use of formal scoring matrices to support vendor selection
- Maintaining strict compliance with corporate policies and procedures relating to Business Ethics and Code of Conduct, in addition to the specific procurement regulations established by the Federal Government.
- Proactively identifying and taking action to improve the applicable procurement processes
- Identifying opportunities to increase internal business partners’ education and alignment and acting on ideas
- Determine the appropriate contracting approach to mid-complexity acquisition needs, as well as draft, present and negotiate all language within such contracts with stakeholders and vendors
- Must possess a good working knowledge and understanding of legal, risk and business implications of contract language
- Must be able to, with minimal supervision, accurately ascertain, manage the associated due diligence regarding, and contractually address the implications of FEP, CMS, State Group, HIPAA, HITECH, etc. requirements on any asset acquisition activity
- Must be able to develop well thought out acquisition and negotiation strategies and execute with accuracy and agility
- Present contracting strategies and approaches (of both parties) with business stakeholders and management as necessary to gain support and buy-in on negotiating strategies and efforts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education. Experience Details: Successful contract negotiation experience in mid-complexity Software, Hardware, Technology related Professional Services, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), General Business Services or Goods and Retail Products acquisitions
- Understands principals of procurement and supply management
- Requires strategic as well as tactical knowledge of the RFP/Process Improvement to promote a change in procedural compliance