Don’t Miss the Big Event
The SIG Fall Global Executive Summit is just around the corner! We have an exciting lineup of keynotes, breakout sessions, a new Future of Sourcing Awards ceremony and lots of networking opportunities to make the connections that will pay future dividends.
The Global Executive Summit keynote speakers come from a wide range of industries to bring you well-rounded, insightful and unique perspectives on the issues and trends shaping the industry today. We are pleased to introduce our keynote speakers who will drive the conversations at #SIGFall18!
In this session, SIG CEO and President Dawn Tiura will put Coupa CEO Rob Bernshteyn on the hot seat for a grilling on the state of the sourcing industry. Rob has extensive experience running cross-functional teams and scaling companies from the early start-up phase into successful public companies. Got spend management questions? Now’s the time to ask them.
Do you ever wonder what your job will be like in 2020? Turns out you’re not the only one. Get the inside scoop from a panel of procurement executives on how to stay relevant when new technologies emerge on the scene.
- Jim Gorzalski, Chief Procurement Officer, Capital One
- Viet Ho, Chief Procurement Officer and Managing Director, Russell Investments
- Greg Tennyson, Chief Procurement Officer, VSP Global
The panelists will discuss such topics as the projected impacts from new technologies to the way procurement work is accomplished today; tools and technologies we should be embracing; how our organizations are embracing (or running from) the eventual changes; and much more. Bring your questions for an interactive keynote session.
Want to know just what makes a CPO tick…or ticked off? Bring your appetite and your questions to this interactive lunch session with several of the most active—and radical—Chief Procurement Officers in the SIG community. They’ll provide their frank opinions when answering your questions.
If you would like to submit questions to the panelists beforehand, please email them to Mary Zampino at SIG.
If you’ve ever wondered if your collaborative relationships with suppliers are too collaborative then join some of the most innovative minds in the industry to learn how to negotiate boundaries without hindering a collaborative environment.
Leading the discussion are two Future of Sourcing Awards Sourcing Star finalists whose work specializes in strategic sourcing and buyer-supplier relationships:
- Lawrence Kane, Senior Leader, Strategic Sourcing Functional Excellence/2CES Integration, The Boeing Company
- Kate Vitasek, Faculty, Graduate & Executive, University of Tennessee
- Edward J. Hansen, Partner, Morgan Lewis
Visit our website to download the Summit schedule and see the full list of keynote speakers, breakout sessions, how-to labs and networking opportunities that are available at this unique event.
SIG Interview Series
SIG strives to build meaningful connections among delegates, thought leaders and changemakers in the industry. The SIG Speaks Blog features a variety of interviews with today’s leading CPOs, executives and interesting people. Check out these interviews to learn more about the roles they play in their organizations, how they handle change and what excites them about the future of the industry.
- Alexander Beck is a data scientist with a financial services firm. Data scientists analyze and interpret mountains of complex digital data to inform decision-making and strategic processes. Alexander shares what you should know about hiring and working with data scientists.
- Jon Kesman is the Head of Services Procurement with Allegis Global Solutions (AGS). A self-proclaimed procurement geek, Jon shares what he’s learned over the course of his career, his definition of success and what excites him about the changes and development in procurement today.
- Ryan Murray is the First Deputy Director in the Mayor's Office of Contract Services for the City of New York. He shares how he is leading the transformation journey for the City of New York to make the procurement and sourcing functions more efficient.
- Kevin Nash is the Vice President Chief Procurement Officer for a large healthcare company. He shares his tips to keep a large team organized, his outlook on the growing role of procurement in organizations, and his advice for those looking to be better procurement professionals and team leaders.
- Rosemarie Subasic is a Procurement Executive with more than 30 years of experience in corporate and government facilities, real estate and operations management. Learn how she manages a competitive procurement process and get the best practices for your facilities management team.
The SIG Speaks blog also keeps you up to date with important news in the industry, networking and professional development opportunities. To stay in the loop, subscribe to our blog.
Take our Brand Awareness Survey
SIG is seeking respondents to take a brand awareness survey to gauge familiarity of technology providers in the SIG community. The survey will only take five minutes of your time and the first 25 people to submit a survey will receive a $10 Amazon gift card. Additionally, all respondents will be entered into a drawing to win one of two $125 Amazon gift cards.
Stacy Mendoza is a Digital Marketing Specialist with Sourcing Industry Group (SIG). Stacy began her career in market research as an editor for Hart Research Associates in Washington, D.C. Since moving back to Florida in 2014, she has worked in marketing and public relations, specializing in content creation, media relations and crisis communications. Stacy is a passionate volunteer who donates her time to help nonprofits develop marketing strategies and awareness campaigns. Stacy holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from The Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida. Follow her on Twitter and tweet at @SIG_Stacy.