"Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
It’s the beginning of a new quarter and a new season. As we set our sights on end-of-year goals and put our heads down to meet year-end commitments, don’t forget about the personal and professional growth goals you set at the beginning of this year. Whether it’s attending a conference, taking an hour out of your day to learn a new skill from a webinar or getting a much-needed dose of inspiration from a podcast, SIG has you covered.
Last Call to Register for the Global Executive Summit
SIG’s Fall Global Executive Summit is just around the corner. Sourcing and procurement professionals will convene in Rancho Mirage, California from October 15 to 18 for learning, growing and networking. If you’ve already registered for the Summit, download the SIG Events app to your mobile device or tablet to plan your schedule in advance.
- For instructions on how to download the app and what to do before you arrive, check out Four Tips to Prepare for the Fall Global Executive Summit.
For seasoned and new attendees alike, there’s lots to see and do at the Summit. Whether it’s validation that you’re managing your own projects in the right way or crowdsourcing a new idea, here’s what you can expect from this year’s Fall Global Executive Summit:
- Meet and interact with hundreds of leaders inside and outside of your industry, including CPOs, CEOs, CISOs and CFOs from Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies.
- Get inspired by and network with Future of Sourcing Awards finalists whose innovative work is disrupting the status quo and fundamentally changing the way you do business.
- Participate in SIG’s famous speed networking and provider showcase to meet new contacts, win prizes and have fun while doing it!
- Take actionable results and recommendations back to your company. SIG presenters’ research, presentations and project outcomes are immediately available to all attendees.
Check out the full session details of each breakout session. Use the advanced search function to drill down by the learning tracks, including disruptive digitization, governance/compliance, sourcing, supplier performance management, talent management and third party risk management.
Future of Sourcing Awards Podcasts
The Future of Sourcing Awards will recognize individuals and teams whose work has had a significant impact on the industry, the organizations for which they work and their colleagues. The Future of Sourcing Awards ceremony will take place at SIG’s Fall Global Executive Summit on October 17 in Rancho Mirage, California.
Each of the team and individual finalists recorded a podcast with SIG CEO and President Dawn Tiura to share the details of their projects as well as their personal and professional achievements. In these podcasts, you’ll learn about the importance of the mentors in their careers, what inspires them to look past the status quo and how emerging technologies are helping them to achieve efficiencies and work more strategically.
The finalists on this show have utilized their professional acumen to make impressive impacts on their communities and the communities in which their organizations do business.
- Greg Tennyson, CPO at VSP Global
- Tim Hopper, Responsible Sourcing Manager, Indirect Supply Chain at Microsoft
- Lawrence Kane, Senior Leader for IT Sourcing & Functional Excellence at Boeing
These finalists have led teams that champion intricate processes and complex governance issues, while humbly noting that their team’s input and expertise help produce the final, positive outcome.
- Deepak Bansal, Head of IT Sourcing and Vendor Management at Envision Healthcare
- Kristin Gallagher, Director of Global Sourcing and Investment at Russell Investments
- Linda Tuck Chapman, President at Ontala Performance Solutions
This show’s finalists have challenged the status quo over the course of their careers to achieve impressive results against the odds.
- Debbie Manos-McHenry, Chief Sourcing Officer at Huntington National Bank
- Jennifer Shepherd, Director of Global Sourcing and Procurement at Russell Investments
- Kate Vitasek, Author and Faculty at University of Tennessee (UT)
Over the coming weeks, you’ll be introduced to all the finalists. You can subscribe to The Sourcing Industry Landscape on iTunes or your favorite podcast app, or listen on the Art of Procurement website.
Webinars are a quick and easy way to sharpen your skills from the comfort of your desk. Here are some of the upcoming webinars this month:
As global supply chains become more complex, companies are increasingly focusing on supplier risk management. As programs develop, it is clear companies need predictive analytics and technologies creating efficient processes in order to take action to mitigate risks. Risk management can no longer be siloed or performed on an ad hoc basis.
The cycle of forgettable or unrealized training value is extremely common, and we want to help you break it. Learn how every procurement team can use integrated training and coaching to drive immediate and sustainable results by ensuring that your integrated training program meets your individual or team objectives.
Are you effectively managing your indirect spend? ERP systems rarely extend beyond P2P to assist in more complex sourcing activities. At the same time, most procurement teams lack the resources to effectively manage and control indirect spend – from evaluating and selecting suppliers, to full transparency and managing the entire life cycle.
Stacy Mendoza is a Digital Marketing Specialist with Sourcing Industry Group (SIG). Stacy began her career in market research as an editor for Hart Research Associates in Washington, D.C. Since moving back to Florida in 2014, she has worked in marketing and public relations, specializing in content creation, media relations and crisis communications. Stacy is a passionate volunteer who donates her time to help nonprofits develop marketing strategies and awareness campaigns. Stacy holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from The Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida. Follow her on Twitter and tweet at @SIG_Stacy.