It's been a busy news cycle and a busy summer at SIG. We are implementing a lot of changes to bring delegates the latest news, thought leadership and professional development opportunities to help you and your team stay sharp and informed.
Here's a look at the latest news and opportunities for SIG delegates in August.
Future of Sourcing
Originally launched in 2005, Outsource Magazine has built a strong reputation of quality thought leadership among the sourcing, outsourcing and procurement community. The digital content has continued to grow through its vast collection of contributors and with it, our audience. For this reason, it was decided that Outsource Magazine needed a transformation to better represent the thought leaders in the global sourcing community.
Today we present to you Future of Sourcing, a digital publication that will continue to provide you with unparalleled insight into the trends, best practices, challenges and opportunities facing the industry.
If you're already an Outsource Magazine subscriber, your subscription will be carried over to Future of Sourcing and you will continue to receive our bi-weekly email newsletters. If you're not a subscriber, we encourage you to sign up to receive the latest articles directly to your inbox. And don't worry, we won't spam you with unnecessary emails and never share your information.
We hope you like the new look! Check out some of our latest articles in the Future of Sourcing:
- Cybersecurity - What to Outsource? What to Retain?
- What Contact Centers Need to Know About Data Security Compliance After GDPR
- It’s always good to (Twitter) Chat
- Can a cracked smartphone shed light on the future of procurement?
- Accelerating ethical business: can technology help?
- The Reversal of Fear in Talent Management
Join the Conversation
SIG is will be hosting a series of fall events in the Northeast, the Midwest and the Pacific Northwest. We hope you'll join us for engaging conversation, high-level networking and great company. You are encouraged to register early to secure your spot. These events fill up quickly and attendance is capped to ensure that everyone gets an opportunity to have their voice heard.
SIG's CPO Meet and Eat events are three-hour networking events for CPO-only level delegates. You'll hear firsthand how CPOs manage their daily challenges and what solutions they bring to the table. By discussing current events locally, nationally and globally, it allows CPOs to seek input from the group on their own top-of-mind issues. By keeping this meeting very high level, CPOs are better able to share and network with each other.
- Join us in the Oliver Wyman offices on September 12. Rosemarie Subasic, Vice President of Facilities, Hines at Morgan Stanley, will lead a conversation on competitive procurement and best practices for your facilities management team. Rosemarie is a Procurement Executive with more than 30 years of experience in corporate and government facilities, real estate and operations management. For the past 12 years she has been responsible for facilities operations for Morgan Stanley, with an annual operating budget of over $150 million.
- SIG returns to the historic Mayer Brown offices in Chicago, just a short walk from the "L" on September 13. Mike Morsch, Vice President of Procurement at CDK Global will kick off with a CPO keynote presentation on transforming the dynamics between procurement and technology leadership. Kevin Nash, CPO for Blue Cross Blue Shield, and David Spence, Director of Supply Chain at University of Chicago Medicine will each provide a "day-in-the-life" presentation, followed by group roundtable discussions.
- On September 21, SIG heads to REI in the Pacific Northwest to hear from Tracie Winbigler, REI's Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. Tracie will provide a unique CPO keynote presentation on realizing the similarities and differences of leading a co-op versus a publicly traded company. The attendees will move into group discussion on benchmarking and explore concepts of machine learning and AI in procurement, and legal/contracting best practices for data and IP in a highly connected world.
SIGnature Events are one-day meetings for buy-side practitioners. In addition to the live peer-to-peer discussions, SIGnature Events also feature rotating roundtable sessions that facilitate open discussions on top-of-mind issues with smaller groups of buy-side delegates.
- Join SIG along with Allegis Global Solutions and Mayer Brown at the historic Mayer Brown offices in downtown Chicago on September 12. Michael Martineau, Director, Contract and Services Procurement for CME Group Inc., and Brad Peterson, Partner with Mayer Brown, will each give an executive presentation. Jon Kesman, Head of Services Procurement Solutions at Allegis Global Solutions, will provide the general session keynote.
Supply Chain Cyber Attacks Affect Two-Thirds of Companies
Recent research from cybersecurity firm CrowdStrike found that out of 1,300 companies questioned in their survey, 66 percent reported a software supply chain attack, with nearly half of those being in the past year. The financial burden of these attacks has already cost companies $1.1 million.
With the rise in attacks on supply chain software and risks associated with third party vendors and suppliers, it is more important than ever that organizations take risk seriously.
SIG University is offering a new certification program that directly addresses cyberattacks and other threats in the Certified Third Party Risk Management (C3PRM) program. The C3PRM certification program begins on September 24 and is a flexible, eight-week program that helps companies put effective risk programs in place by exposing students to specific drivers of third party risk, assessment processes, how to design effective controls, and how to build strong management and monitoring processes. Students will also learn best practices in governance and oversight, as well as controls and board reporting with a view from the top.
Linda Tuck Chapman, President and CPO Emeritus of Ontala Performance Solutions, developed the curriculum with leading risk practitioners in the industry. Linda is a widely recognized expert in third party risk management, outsourcing governance and sourcing optimization. Her unique insight and expertise are built on her experience as Chief Procurement Officer in three of North America’s largest banks.
Discounts are available for individuals and teams who enroll by August 27 and volume discounts are available for teams of 10 or more. Download the course catalog to get started and an educational advisor will reach out to help you find the certification that's right for your career.
Stacy Mendoza is a Digital Marketing Specialist with Sourcing Industry Group (SIG). Stacy began her career in market research as an editor for Hart Research Associates in Washington, D.C. Since moving back to Florida in 2014, she has worked in marketing and public relations, specializing in content creation, media relations and crisis communications. Stacy is a passionate volunteer who donates her time to help nonprofits develop marketing strategies and awareness campaigns. Stacy holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from The Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida. Follow her on Twitter and tweet at @SIG_Stacy.