The Central Procurement Department is responsible for supplier selection, contract negotiations, vendor management, and requisition to purchase order review and approval at Tufts University.
What You'll Do
The Senior Sourcing Specialist is responsible for supporting stakeholders in the supplier selection, contract negotiation, vendor management and requisition to purchase order review process for assigned spend categories. The Senior Sourcing Specialist is responsible for establishing category strategies under the guidance of Procurement Directors and Managers and leading the implementation of category plans, including strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Support the development and lead the implementation of the category strategy and plan
- Analyze spend, review contracts, and collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and implement a pipeline of strategic sourcing initiatives across assigned spend categories.
- Draft and issue RFIs, RFPs, and evaluate proposals based on total value. Analyze commercial and contractual terms and negotiate contracts in collaboration with key stakeholders. Drive adoption with selected supplier by influencing stakeholders on program benefits and report compliance.
- Manage preferred vendor relationships and implement quarterly business reviews to monitor contract utilization and identify opportunities for year on year improvements.
- Communicate updates to relevant departments regarding price and service fluctuations of goods and service providers.
- Determine KPIs/metrics and provide direction to procurement analyst on creating reports and dashboards for savings, project status updates, spend utilization, and contract renewals.
- Drive compliance to procurement policies and preferred vendors. Create and/or review electronic requisitions and release Purchase Orders, as needed.
What We're Looking For
- The ideal candidate will be a change agent with strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- He or she must have at least 5 years experience/expertise in strategic sourcing and contract negotiations in one or more spend categories, with a track record in creating value (cost, service, innovation).
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics, operations, or supply chain management.
- Ability to understand business drivers, develop knowledge of supplier markets and bring solutions that meet stakeholders’ requirements.
- Able to draw and communicate insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Expertise in contract terms and conditions – commercial and legal
- Proficient in ERP and procurement tools, systems, and processes – including eRequisitions, Spend Analysis, sourcing (RFX and eAuctions), Contracts, and eCatalogs
- Advanced user of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Manage high visibility projects with minimal oversight
- Highly motivated, self-starter, detail-oriented, excellent prioritization, cross functional player
- Team player with excellent communication, analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M). preferred.
- Category specific certification (example, LEEDs or energy purchasing).