Senior Sourcing and Vendor Management Analyst (Remote)
Date: Jan 14, 2023
Location: Erie, PA, US, 16530
Company: Erie Insurance
Division or Field Office:
Office Of The President
|Department of Position:||Treasury Department|
|Remote within ERIE's operating footprint|
At Erie Insurance, you’re not just part of a Fortune 500 company; you’re also a valued member of a diverse and inclusive team that includes more than 5,000 employees and over 2,200 independent agencies. Our Employees work in the Home Office complex located in Erie, PA, and in our Field Offices that span 12 states and the District of Columbia.
We strive to be Above all in Service® to our customers—and to our employees. That’s why Erie Insurance offers you an exceptional benefits package, including:
• Premier health, prescription, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents. Coverage begins your first day of work.
• Low contributions to medical and prescription premiums. We currently pay up to 97% of employees’ monthly premium costs.
• A pension. We are one of only 13 Fortune 500 companies to offer a traditional pension plan. Full-time employees are vested after five years of service.
• A 401(k) with up to 4% contribution match. The 401(k) is offered in addition to the pension.
• Paid vacation, personal days, sick days, bereavement days and parental leave.
• Career development, including a tuition reimbursement program for higher education and industry designations.
• Additional benefits that include company-paid basic life insurance; short-and long-term disability insurance; orthodontic coverage for children and adults; adoption assistance; fertility and infertility coverage; well-being programs; paid volunteer hours for service to your community; and dollar-for-dollar matching of your charitable gifts, up to $12,500 a year.
For New York City Residents Only: The salary range for New York City residents is $90,274.00 - $139,976.00. Starting rate of pay varies and is based on multiple factors, including but not limited to, position offered, location, education, work experience, education, certifications, etc. For information regarding our benefits programs, please visit: https://www.erieinsurance.com/careers/benefit
Candidates within our operating footprint may be considered for remote work. Current approved states for remote work are: DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, Washington DC, WV and WI. Please note, the list of current approved states is subject to change without notice.
For inquiries regarding additional states in our employment footprint, please contact Talent Acquisition.
Partners with internal customers to drive successful results from sourcing and vendor management initiatives. Works with management and customers to develop and implement sourcing strategies in line with division and corporate objectives. Analyzes vendor performance against agreed upon service level agreements.
- This position is being reposted if you have already applied, there is no need to reapply. Your application is under consideration.
- There are four positions available.
- These positions have the ability to work in a remote capacity within ERIE's operating footprint.
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Manage and administer all RFX processes for areas of assigned responsibility (Claims, IT, other business functions)
- Creates proposals and tailor by finding, entering, editing, and managing critical data on identified opportunities
- Coordination of opportunity and key prospect reviews with SVM Analyst/Business leaders as it relates to Enterprise business strategy
Desired skills/experience include:
- Demonstrated competitive bidding expertise in area of assigned responsibility (experience in IT preferred)
- Demonstrated examples of past initiatives which have resulted in increased business value through the RFX process
- PMP or APMP (The Association of Proposal Management Professionals) or similar certification is desired.
- Experience and promotion of incorporating Diverse Vendors into bidding criteria
- Experience in project preparation, Bid proposal execution, especially large and structured bids in insurance/financial industries
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies, develops, and leads sourcing strategies for the organization. Partners with key stakeholders to define and implement effective strategies that will support ERIE in sourcing and vendor management.
- Develops and leverages a broad view of the agreements with vendors to obtain better terms and prices on behalf of the business stakeholders. Utilize knowledge and relationships with vendors to create enterprise-wide efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Ensures effective management of business stakeholders' vendor portfolios. Leads teams focused on managing the entire portfolio including current vendor service and the reputation, resources and expertise of potential vendors. Ensures that stakeholder purchases support the organization's business strategy.
- Leads key procurement activities, including request for expenses, development and execution, statement of work, contract drafting, and pricing and contract negotiations.
- Develops metrics and standards for performance in all vendor categories. Monitors vendor performance and takes appropriate action if vendor service falls below predetermined threshold.
- Develops, establishes, implements and enforces supplier and outsourcer guidelines, obligations and service level agreements to the organization. Enforces company policies, as well as legal and contractual best practices when dealing with suppliers.
- Creates strategies for motivating vendors to provide the quality of service expected by ERIE's stakeholders.
- Manages governance and control programs to ensure business continuity, protection of company assets, and compliance with corporate, contract and regulatory policies.
- Performs market research to analyze trends and gather information that will support internal customers, reduce costs, and develop sourcing strategies.
- Evaluates financial aspects and key cost drivers markets to effectively develop analysis and apply procurement strategy development.
- Conducts benchmarking and industry assessments to identify best practices and successfully implement initiatives within the ERIE processes and culture.
- Utilizes support tools and communications platforms to demonstrate the development and implementation of strategies.
- Completes special projects as required.
Duties and Responsibilities (cont'd if applicable)
- The first six duties listed are the functions identified as essential to the job. Essential functions are those job duties that must be performed in order for the job to be accomplished.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other duties as requested by their supervisor, or as become evident.
Minimum Required Education Equivalents • Bachelor's degree in business, finance, MIS or related discipline and four years experience in purchasing and/or vendor management required; or • Associate's degree in business, finance, MIS or related discipline and six years experience in purchasing and/or vendor management required; or • High school diploma or GED and eight years experience in purchasing and/or vendor management required. Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and project management software required. Strong knowledge of purchasing regulations and laws required. Familiarity and technical competence in purchasing management software or automated procurement systems required. Strong working knowledge of insurance industry preferred. Certified Purchasing Manager designation preferred. Knowledge of contracts relationship to financial/operation reporting preferred.
Nearest Major Market: Erie