At Hasbro, we are looking for people who are passionate about impacting the future of play and entertainment. We seek individuals who are committed, curious, creative, and who are eager to keep imagination alive on teams that play together and create together. Our values – community, passion, integrity, creativity and inclusion – help cultivate inspiring, diverse workplaces where teams are built on positivity as much as productivity, and where individuals can do work they love with people they enjoy on brands they believe in, all for a company driven by greater purpose.
We are driving towards establishing a global sourcing footprint, and adding a Sr. Manager, Global Sourcing for the Playdoh and Games categories. The mission is to ensure that sourcing direction and vendor management transitions from a 'project by project' basis to a coordinated and comprehensive approach. In this role you will make joint business decisions regarding product allocation that provides a resilient and efficient supply base. We will seek your input as we define and implement the greater organization’s vendor base strategy and business allocation process. This is an outstanding opportunity to be a key lead collaborating with our U.S. and EU vendors! You will drive standardization with our partners on the systems, processes and standard methodologies established with the rest of the global supply base.
Do you support development teams in their negotiations and cost discussions with vendors? Bring your expertise to Hasbro to lead the structural cost savings programs per vendor such as annual reviews, PCM cost standards, value engineering/deep dives and efficiency improvements via innovation and automation in manufacturing. You will own cross functionally aligned and supported sourcing plans with a 2 to 3-year vendor allocation strategy per category based on business priorities, product line plans, manufacturing capability requirements, vendor performance and cross functional & strategic sourcing considerations.
A Day in the Life as a Sr. Manager, Global Sourcing:
- Ensure solid supply base risk mitigation across categories, vendors, and geographies, accounting for politics, inflation, trade, etc.
- Systematically assess current and add new vendors with effective segmentation/tiering to ensure a balanced and competitive supplier pipeline to support Brand Team requirements and priorities.
- Creatively identify and apply all applicable cost-saving levers and drive continuous cost reduction initiatives to deliver landed & product cost savings.
- Establish vendor account plans to continuously improve performance and push for excellence via strategic business initiatives and capability building programs, facilitate vendor competence development on Supply Chain, Product Development and Manufacturing with clear objectives and metrics.
- Plan and execute joint business planning meetings and vendor scorecard & business reviews, ensuring corrective action plans.
- Manage interfaces between manufacturing partners and Hasbro, ensuring that Hasbro keeps leverage in the business relationship and maximizes the potential tax benefits and other incentives of local manufacturing.
- Act as single point of escalation for Quality, Engineering, Costing, Operations Planning and Logistics to get priority from vendor leadership.
- Align vendors and internal partners to collaborate toward using established processes and best practices.
- Ensure alignment between sourcing strategies, brand team/category priorities and product & innovation roadmaps.
- Ensure current and build a future vendor base has the capabilities to develop and deliver the 5-year product plans of safe, sustainable and reliable products on time, in full and at competitive costs.
- As we grow our vendor base, lead onboarding by facilitating within the multi-functional network of Legal, Finance, Supply Chain, Quality, Development and on-the-ground teams.
What you’ll bring:
- Degree in Engineering, Operations or Business Administration or equivalent subject area.
- Minimum 8-10 years demonstrated experience in Sourcing, Operations, Project Management, or Engineering.
- Proven understanding of product development, supply chain management, quality management, ethical sourcing, costing and product life cycle management.
- Vendor facing project management experience, a passion for problem-solving, strong motivator.
- Strategic sourcing and product development experience, preferable in Toys or Consumer Goods.
- Hardworking, flexible, ability to adapt to constantly evolving, fast-paced environments.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Opportunity to travel up to 30%!
Hasbro’s world-class brands and talented people are our greatest assets. One of the ways we invest in you is through a competitive and contemporary benefits package. Your particular benefits package will depend on your position, location, local legal requirements and years with the company. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Half-day Fridays year round, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Team Hasbro Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Toy Discounts and more!
Hasbro is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status.