You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Candidate must live in Eastern or Central Time Zone.
Position Purpose: Manage vendor relationships, evaluate vendor performance and effectively manage contract requirements. Mitigate legal and financial risk through effective contract formulation and negotiation.
- Manage the purchase of goods and services across the enterprise.
- Lead highly complex procurement projects involving RFPs and negotiating business and contract terms and conditions.
- Develop relationships with management and vendors who will provide the best service, quality, price, terms and conditions, warranties, and technical assistance on the materials and supplies to be purchased.
- Negotiate long-term contracts with suppliers.
- Determine strategies for sourcing goods and services across the entire corporation Implement scorecards for strategic suppliers that will assist in managing supplier performance and ensuring contract compliance.
- Train and promote group purchasing within the organization, research new trends or advances in product lines to make appropriate buying decisions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. 7+ years of purchasing or procurement experience. Experience with procurement systems and contract negotiations. Previous experience in procurement processes including competitive bidding, negotiating complex contracts, and evaluating supplier proposals. Extensive knowledge of procurement law and specific legal risks associated with procurement practices and contract language.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.