The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Social Responsibility Program drives customer trust and business continuity by focusing on human rights issues throughout AWS’s supply chain. We uphold company standards and expectations including Amazon's Supply Chain Standards, and seek to constantly improve the tools and processes that we use in doing so.
We are looking for a Social Responsibility / Responsible Sourcing Program Manager to join AWS Infrastructure Supply Chain and Procurement’s (AIS Supply Chain) growing Responsible Sourcing and Supplier Diversity Team. The Program Manager will focus on driving innovation, value creation for our customers and leading an industry distinguishing Responsible Sourcing program. Ensure AWS’s product and service providers meet and exceed Amazon standards and expectations and incorporate these commitments into their plans and operating procedures. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with social compliance audits but not be wedded to the way that these programs are traditionally run, demonstrating the desire and capacity to think big and innovate to promote the well-being of our supply chain and its workers.
Key job responsibilities
- Define, Develop and Lead Responsible Sourcing efforts at AWS. Provide leadership, strategy, technical direction and maintain effective operation of the Responsible Sourcing Program.
- Ensure integrity and consistency in our audit protocols and processes by diving deep into audit data, investigating anomalies and root causes.
- Develop and improve processes and metrics to measure program success
- Drive continuous improvement across our supply chain but also Think Big with respect to worker health, safety, labor and human rights: develop and drive SR through initiatives that deliver the optimum combination of social impact outcomes and customer benefits.
- Understand industry wide issues and best practices, and constantly enhance and/or build appropriate proactive initiatives to impact positive change and contribute to regulatory compliance.
- Maintain strong relationships with key internal business partners including Sourcing Managers, Legal and Finance to ensure ongoing support of initiatives and appropriate resource coverage.
A day in the life
This role being a strategic, programmatic, and deliver results role, you will work with company-level Social Responsibility, Finance, Public Policy, and Legal partner teams, Suppliers, Sourcing Managers, and Leaders to manage compliance.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 5+ years of program or project management experience
- Experience using data and metrics to determine and drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Master's degree, or MBA in business, operations, human resources, adult education, organizational development, instructional design or related field
- 2+ years of driving process improvements experience
- 5+ Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- 2+ Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $92,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Company - Amazon Data Services, Inc.
Job ID: A2496621