Our client a world-leading manufacturer of specialized aerostructures has engaged our firm to place several talented procurement professionals. These exciting positions due to growth will be based in the Baltimore, MD area on a contract to permanent basis with conversion to direct hire possible after 6 months. These positions will manage a variety of direct material categories such as metallics, composites or assemblies. The ideal candidates will have strong communication and collaboration skills proven in a high volume and highly regulated environment. Benefits are available during the contract.
• 2-5 years of direct material purchasing such as metallics, composites-raw materials with a shelf life, seals, latches, assemblies, forgings, castings, hardware, machine and sheet metal
• Ability to manage up to $10M+ projects that include strategic sourcing, RFP’s, negotiate pricing, terms and conditions for long term agreements
• Heavy supplier management to ensure on time delivery, quality with the ability to escalate or resolve issues quickly
• Strong cost analysis experience utilizing SAP/Ariba or Oracle and Excel
• Demand planning and scheduling experience is valued
• 4-Year Degree required
• Preference for some training and work from the office/manufacturing site initially, then primarily remote work due to Covid-19. Relocation assistance is not available