Values & Innovation
At Under Armour, we are committed to empowering those who strive for more, and the company's values - Act Sustainably, Celebrate the Wins, Fight on Together, Love Athletes and Stand for Equality - serve as both a roadmap for our teams and the qualities expected of every teammate.
Our Values define and unite us, the beliefs that are the red thread that connects everyone at Under Armour. Our values are rallying cries, reminding us why we're here, and fueling everything we do.
Our pursuit of better begins with innovation and with our team's mission of being the best. With us, you get the freedom to go further - no matter your role. That means developing, delivering, and selling the state-of-the-art products and digital tools that make top performers even better.
Purpose of Role
Under Armour is looking for a Strategic Procurement Lead on the Technology procurement team, responsible for leading complex technology sourcing engagements, leading contract negotiations, and executing technology category management strategies. This role is responsible for the source-to-contract phase of the supplier lifecycle; identifying key suppliers, establishing external supplier relationships, researching market trends, developing and leading complex sourcing engagements, negotiating contract terms, and entering contracts into our purchasing system (Ariba) are all key components of this role.
This role will partner closely with cross-functional teams such as finance, legal, IT, and will work collaboratively with global category team members for regional execution of global category strategies. Projects and areas of oversight will include marketing technology sourcing and contracting, e-commerce engineering sourcing and contracting, and other enterprise spend categories as assigned.
- Partner closely with various business unit managers, directors, and VP’s to plan a pipeline of sourcing activities and contract renewals ahead of each fiscal year
- Manage sourcing pipeline, prioritizing high-value opportunities to reduce organizational costs while mitigating contractual risks
- Work with third-party market intelligence partners (e.g., Gartner, CASME, ProcurementIQ) to identify best practices and market-leading suppliers
- Develop and lead sourcing strategies to ensure Under Armour requirements are met at the best possible price point, with the most favorable contractual terms
- Lead ad-hoc projects to support procurement functions as needed
- Use spend data to build a category strategy inclusive of a market overview, sourcing plan, cost driver assessment, and cost take-out focus
- Partner with our Vendor Management team to ensure a successful hand-off after completion of contracting
- Build strong relationships with and act as a strategic partner for internal and cross-functional leadership and operational teams in a matrixed organization to manage the overall execution of multiple programs and projects to meet goals and targeted results, leading and influencing change management practices
- This role does not have any direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain Management or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in procurement, finance, management consulting, or project management with a proven track record of success in leading projects that involve cost take-out and contractual risk mitigation
- Strong contract management experience required, category management experience preferred
- Previous experience managing a spend category (technology categories are preferred) using spend analytics solutions
- Experience working with large technology companies (i.e., SAP, Adobe, Salesforce, HCL, Manhattan, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in executing transformational projects, developing, and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders, and establishing effective processes and methods of ensuring performance
- Excellent analytical skills combined with the ability to effectively present findings to all levels of management within the company
- Location: This individual must reside within commuting distance from our global headquarters in Baltimore, MD
- Work-Life Designation: Three (3) days a week in-office, the remainder of work week remote
- No relocation provided
- $88,671.00 - $121,922.90 USD
Most new hires fall within this range and have the opportunity to earn more over time. Initial placement within the salary range, however, is based on an individual's relevant knowledge, skills and experience for the position. UA is committed to helping our teammates succeed and advance in their careers. Base salary is only one component of our competitive Total Rewards package.
Benefits & Perks
- Paid "UA Give Back" Volunteer Days: Work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community
- Under Armour Merchandise Discounts
- Competitive 401(k) plan matching
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources - we offer teammates across the country programs to promote physical activity and overall well-being
Want more details about benefits? Visit our page here.
Our Commitment to Diversity
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, family or paternal status and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.