About The Opportunity
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Grubhub Procurement organization continues to evolve and mature in its overall processes and value, and we are looking for an Indirect Category Manager to help us to continue on this path. This role will support the Director of Procurement across all Indirect categories including but not limited to creative, media, PR, and MarTech, Corporate Communications, Corporate Sales, Facilities, Finance & Accounting, and HR. The right candidate will provide experienced category management expertise, along with influential relationship building skills, in order to execute sourcing activities and build category strategies across Grubhub’s indirect spend.
The Impact You Will Make:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all category influencers and owners and become the business wide category subject matter expert.
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with all key stakeholders to ensure that they understand the value procurement brings and sees you as a trusted advisor.
- Lead the creation and execution of sourcing strategies for multiple service categories including the development of prioritization, timelines, and value delivery.
- Uses data analytics, industry benchmarking and strategic sourcing methodologies to develop and execute sourcing strategies, business strategies and change management programs to stakeholders
- Supports the development, negotiation, and purchasing of high impact sourcing projects and initiatives ensuring alignment with the overall priorities and objectives of Grubhub and it’s business stakeholders
- Provide regular and appropriate communications to stakeholders to ensure the business understands industry best practices, and the value procurement brings.
- Lead complex RFQs/RFIs/RFPs
- Work closely with legal and business leaders to drive contracts towards completion
- Field incoming requests from the business and set priorities
- Lead ongoing supplier management activities
- Self manage workload and appropriately communicate opportunities and challenges to your Leader
- Provide regular communication to leadership on project status, contract renewals, category performance, and various initiatives
What You Bring to the Table:
- 5+ years related experience in Finance, Supply Chain / Procurement or Contract Negotiations
- Demonstrated experience within Marketing or Corporate Services specific procurement spend categories and negotiations, Technology industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated communication and project management skills working with cross-functional teams across levels within the organization
- Ability to work independently and lead in a team environment; self-motivated; strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to process large amounts of often complex data; detail oriented, self starter
- Solid understanding of basic procurement law and commercial terms with ability to author & negotiate master services agreements, statements of work, change requests, amendment
- Ability to monitor policies and guidelines
- Working knowledge of procurement systems and e-sourcing tools
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, MS Project)
- Able to navigate a fast-paced environment with working with remote teams
- Ability to identify problems and root causes; suggest resolutions and drive execution
- Demonstrated success in complex/strategic scenario building and determining value driven insights through analysis
New York Salary Range: $125,000 - $162,500
The Base Pay component of our Total Rewards package is based on a variety of factors including but not limited to: job responsibilities, location, experience and, education/certifications. In addition to the pay component, this role may be eligible for equity and benefits as part of the Total Rewards package. The Total Rewards package will be determined at the time a contingent offer is made.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k matching, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Compensation. You'll receive a great compensation package with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission, or RSUs (role-specific).
- Free Meals. Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Fund. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email email@example.com.