We are engaged in transforming our indirect sourcing team to be a top tier organization. One question that has come up is what other companies are doing to support category management and support beyond staffing up.
For example, how are they leveraging:
- Group purchasing organizations and consortiums
- Procurement Outsourcing (the entire sourcing cycle, but especially S2C)
- Consultant support for specific sourcing/procurement projects
Categories are open but could include:
- Market intelligence
- Office Supplies
- Parcel Ship
- Operating Supplies
We are seeking to understand:
- Pros/cons of each
- Best practices, such as what categories and tools that help with the determination process
- What the market looks like (providers)
If you wish to donate any templates or tools to this inquirer or to the SIG Resource Center, please feel free to email Mary Zampino directly at m> email@example.com. All templates and tools can be scrubbed by SIG and approved by you before posting.