We are looking for non-traditional or out-of-the-box ideas for Productivity (year over year cost savings). We all know the traditional Procurement methods for finding Productivity, things such as RFPs, supplier consolidation and renegotiating existing contracts. These will always be the baseline for yearly goals, but we have been challenged to think bigger and better.
We are interested in:
- Where or how does your company identify Productivity opportunities? (Traditional and non-traditional)
- What non-traditional methods to obtain Productivity have you executed, or at least thought of?
- Do you have any specific case studies you could share on these non-traditional methods or projects?
- What methodology does your company use to identify where to begin looking for Productivity?
- What are some of the typical results (cost reduction percentages) from your initiatives?