Who are we?
Since 2004, KIND has been on a mission to create a kinder and healthier world - one snack and one act at a time. Its iconic KIND© bars - made with real, recognizable ingredients - sparked the growth of an entirely new healthy snacking category. Today, KIND has a family of more than 80 snacks that offer solutions for a variety of occasions. All of KIND's products lead with a nutrient-dense first ingredient - whole nuts, whole grains or whole fruit - and do not contain genetically engineered ingredients, sugar alcohols or artificial sweeteners.
Inspired by the belief that acts of kindness can be a transformative force for good, both the KIND brand and The KIND Foundation seek to inspire kindness and empathy.
We're looking for passionate collaborators to help us become the foremost leader in health & wellness and positively impact society along the way. If you're looking to be a part of an inspiring, energetic and entrepreneurial environment, you’ve found the right place.
What You'll Do
Reporting to the Director, Indirect Procurement, the Manager of Indirect Procurement is a key position in Mars Health & Wellness Platform procurement organization. Mars Health & Wellness (H&W) is a collection of Business Units that house fast growing, insurgent brands such as KIND, Nature’s Bakery, and Tru Fru. This role will serve as the lead for the Tru Fru business on Indirect initiatives and will work on key projects that are broader reaching. H&Ws indirect spend is substantial and fragmented across multiple business units, and will continue to increase as the result of the platforms acquisitions. The individual will assist in the collection, consolidation, and analysis of indirect spends data in order to develop key category strategies for multiple indirect categories. The individual will be a strategic thinker, and an individual capable of managing complex tasks independently while working with and supporting many business stakeholders.
- Work closely with key stakeholders and suppliers in the Marketing, Sales, IT, Finance, Operations areas to develop and implement category strategies to drive alignment and ensure quality of services and improved Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) value to the business on a sustainable basis.
- Drive effective and data driven supplier negotiations based on internal, external benchmarking data, market trends, and supplier price models to support above category strategy execution to meet business objectives for the category.
- Independently and proactively identifies areas of opportunity for new business opportunities, process improvement, and cost efficiencies.
- Assist in initiating a Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) program with key indirect suppliers with formal KPIs (key performance indicators).
- Support the Director of Indirect Procurement in continuing to elevate indirect procurement’s role as a strategic asset to the organization and a key value driver to the bottom line.
What You'll Bring To KIND
- Relationship Management: Demonstrated ability to communicate up to senior leadership & peers in the organization to influence decisions or share best practices throughout the procurement function.
- Project Management: Successful execution of strategic sourcing initiatives, implementation of year over year indirect cost savings initiatives and ability to develop a cost savings project pipeline, in multiple indirect procurement categories (i.e. Marketing, IT, HR, sales, Facilities etc.) using professional sourcing methodology
- Negotiation Skills: Experience in supplier negotiations and developing/executing sourcing strategies
- Financial acumen: The ability to apply a broad understanding of financial management principals and other quantitative information to ensure decisions are fiscally responsible and based on THE HEALTH & WELLNESS PLATFORM’s budget
- Technology: Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel and PowerPoint), Smartsheets
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree; MBA a plus
- 5-7 years relevant working experience, with at least 3 years in a Fortune 500 strategic indirect procurement organization or equivalent (or through work at a top-tier management consultancy at such size organizations)
- Subject matter experience in multiple indirect procurement categories (e.g. Marketing, IT, Facilities HR ) a plus
- Experience working in a small, fast-growing company is a plus
The salary range for this role is $90,000 - 120,000 per year.
KIND intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience. Base pay is one part of the total rewards that KIND provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. KIND salary ranges are determined by role, level and location.
What KIND Offers...
KIND provides a robust benefits package to help support you physically, financially, and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
- Competitive salary, including a target bonus and an impressive benefits package!
- Flexible Paid Time Off. Choose what works best for you, including summer hours
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you & your family’s needs
- Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical well-being through in office programs like Drs, Nutritionists, Mindfulness, Chair Massages & others
- Casual office dress code - feel free to wear your KIND gear
- Stock up on your favorite KIND bars to share with your family & friends, through a quarterly voucher
- Training & tuition reimbursement program, because continuing to learn matters and we support your development
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
- The opportunity and responsibility to be KIND everyday
At KIND, we are committed to an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. KIND is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we are an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
To view your privacy choices please follow this link.