With back office functions being a rich target for automation and AI and internal business customers desiring more self-service, what will be the eventual impact to your procurement function at your company? Are you preparing for a different world?
The panelists will discuss:
- The projected impacts from new technologies to the way procurement work is accomplished today
- The tools and technologies we should be embracing
- How our organizations are embracing (or running from) the eventual changes
- Efforts to prepare our organizations to get through the change curve
- Effective ways to learn as an organization
- How our skills and expertise need to change
- How we can leverage this opportunity
As the Chief Procurement Officer, Jim leads a team responsible for the entire supplier value chain which includes sourcing and supplier selection; contract negotiations; purchase order and invoice management; and delivering third party risk governance services for goods and services from third party vendors across all areas of Capital One. Partnering closely and proactively with business owners across the firm, the team seeks to maximize supplier relationships while ensuring all vendors are fully compliant with the company's third party management policies and procedures. Jim has more than 30 years of experience in the procurement field with a record of success as sourcing strategist and tactician, delivering consistent results at leading global manufacturing and financial services companies. Jim earned a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree from Syracuse University's School of Management. He currently serves on the board of directors for the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), a leading advocate for women business owners and entrepreneurs. Prior to joining Capital One, Jim held various procurement positions at JP Morgan Chase, Washington Mutual, Toyota Motor Company and Ford Motor Company. Away from the office, Jim spends time with his family enjoying travel, hiking, skiing and supporting charitable causes.
Viet is a widely recognized expert in strategic and transformational Procurement. His unique insights and wealth of knowledge regarding individual operational environments are built on his 25 years of transformational experiences at AT Kearney, Accenture, JPM Chase and Russell Investments. Viet has a deep understanding of corporate cultures and has successfully demonstrated the value of indirect procurement across multiple industries and fortune 500 organizations.
In 2018, Viet left the corporate world to start his own company, JKAdvisory (“JKA”). JKA is specifically targeted at helping organizations demonstrate Procurement value to leadership. Under the corporate umbrella of JKA and its subsidiary JKA Solutions, Viet has gained clients’ accolades for his innovative solutions to move Procurement organizations from tactical-to-strategic-to-transformational.
For now, Viet is splitting his time across three areas of focus:
- Procurement and Supply chain areas with JKA: Viet like to help people solve problems, the more complex the better. Viet pulled together a group of people who shared his brand of problem solvers. He setup a management consulting firm focusing on all aspects of Procurement and supply chain.
- Develop an offshore company - Viet is passionate about his home country Vietnam. He setup a service company based in Vietnam, with special focus in challenging areas such as Data Science, AI and ML. His team of experts are helping US clients solving business problems in NLP, predictive modeling, image processing with cutting edge tools and capabilities. Viet is leveraging the talent to explore solutions in areas such as supply chain, risk management and predictive modeling.
- Strategic advisor to in selected AI/ML start-ups around the Puget Sound region.
Greg has 20+ years of global executive leadership in the finance, operations and supply chain space with service based, high-tech, R&D and manufacturing concerns. M.Sc. Management with emphasis in contracts and procurement. Certified Sourcing Professional by Sourcing Interest Group and previously held Institute for Supply Management Certified Purchasing Manager and National Contracts Manager Association Certified Professional Contracts Manager credentials.
His specialties include: Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain Management, Materials Management, Category Management, eProcurement, Business Process Re-Engineering, Supply Chain Automation, Services Procurement, Supplier Enablement, Operations Management, Inventory Management, M&A Integration, Corporate Responsibility, Supplier Diversity, Outsourcing, Offshoring, MRO, IT Sourcing, Brand Implementation and Management and nascent technology start-up advisor.
He is a founding member of the Bay Area Procurement Council comprised of Silicon Valley and Northern California procurement executives. Participates on a number of advisory councils - ScoutRFP, ProcureCon, Coupa, DocuSign to name a few.