The Microsoft Procurement mission is to deliver business value through proactive global solutions that are innovative, compliant and cost effective. Procurement is a global team of 215+ employees across 30 countries supporting 100+ geographies and facilitating billions in annual purchases worldwide. Microsoft Procurement fosters a culture of innovation, operations excellence and provides great career growth opportunities with a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate professional and personal life.
The Strategic Sourcing team is responsible for strategic deal management across indirect categories of spend at Microsoft, including stakeholder engagement, supplier strategy, RFx leadership, process ownership, cost management and policy compliance. Our team charter is to deliver sourcing outcomes and category insights that enable business success while generating economic value, inclusive growth, and reducing risk.
The Group Procurement Sourcing Manager position is a great opportunity for those who enjoy the procurement process and emphasize a growth mindset in a dynamic and diverse team setting. In addition, this is a great opportunity for those seeking to solve complex business problems and scenarios, leverage process improvement and systems thinking, and enjoy deep stakeholder engagement while seeking leadership and management growth
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of experienced Sourcing Managers, who are dedicated to the support and enablement of multiple business units through the strategic sourcing lifecycle.
- Consistently demonstrate your ability to work with and within a diverse and inclusive team.
- As a manager deliver success through empowerment and accountability by Modeling, Coaching and Caring for your direct reports.
- Effectively execute sourcing and category management activities including but not limited to: strategic sourcing, supplier selection and management, contract and price negotiations, operations excellence, supplier and stakeholder engagement.
- Manage the development and delivery of multi-year sourcing strategies for several complex, strategic projects and/or categories, optimizing costs and ensuring continuity of supply and/or services to enable business strategy.
- Lead pricing and negotiation strategies for several complex purchasing categories, fostering cross-functional partnerships to negotiate strategic decisions and produce business impact. Recognized as a key negotiator and collaborator, and coaches sourcing staff on negotiation and collaboration best practices.
- Lead the integration of business specifications and sourcing strategies into supplier selection processes for several complex purchasing areas; accountable for defining and driving strategies and priorities for process management, consistency, and outcomes at scale, developing improvement plans, sharing delivery best practices, identifying insights and root causes of issues across procurement, and focusing teams on opportunities to enhance stakeholder experience and/or operational processes.
- Deep engagement and partnership with stakeholders and internal Procurement team members.
- Manage partnership with suppliers to drive innovation and improvement, transform capabilities, and proactively assesses risk and the impact of change.
- Lead cross-functional engagements, sharing best practices and driving alignment in sourcing and procurement decisions.
- Compliance and oversight of standard Microsoft Procurement sourcing procedures and guidelines.
- Create, update and execute outsourcing processes that are functional and stress-tested across categories of supplier spend.
- Provide meaningful leadership and impact to Microsoft’s supplier diversity goals, support and expand initiatives supporting Microsoft’s Social Responsibility leadership.
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Supply Chain, Data Analytics, Business, Finance or related field AND 5+ year(s) experience -OR- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Supply Chain, Data Analytics, Business, Finance or related field AND 7+ year(s) experience -OR- equivalent experience.
- Strong People Management skills with demonstrated experience leading teams to share diverse viewpoints, provide honest feedback, create & maintain a strong team bond, and foster an environment where people can thrive, do their best work and feel appreciated.
- Demonstrative experience in providing strategic and thought leadership in the disciplines of Strategic Sourcing or Procurement.
- Experience working successfully with international businesses and understanding the intricacies and nuances of various cultures and countries.
- Proven cross-functional team facilitation experience required.
- Analytical and strategic problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to be methodically decisive in the face of ambiguity.
- Excellent communication, influencing, executive presence and presentation skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.