Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Block has an exciting career opportunity for a Global Indirect Strategic Sourcing Analyst based in the United States (Remote). As a Sourcing Analyst, you will support vendor engagement requests through the source-to-pay process while providing customer service to the requesters and stakeholders. You monitor supplier data and performance with limited guidance. You use existing frameworks to solve purchasing and supplier problems and identify areas with a focus on process improvements. You design solutions for diverse user identities, backgrounds, viewpoints, and cultures. You offer guidance to and share knowledge with your teammates and collaborators. You work within one or more teams to communicate knowledge related to a broad set of purchasing tasks. You plan and execute prioritized project work, selecting appropriate methods to most effectively achieve assigned sourcing objectives.
The role will use your procurement and sourcing and industry aptitude, internal stakeholder customer service and data analysis skills to support global teams through the source-to-pay process, driving RFQ’s, and supporting contract negotiations to optimize our spend. The position will report to the Sourcing Lead in Procurement. We ask that you have a continuous improvement philosophy, strong relationship building and management skills, and ability to share thoughtful education with key stakeholders while maintaining receptiveness with key collaborators on best practices and market trends.
- Establish partnerships with key stakeholders aimed at identifying, understanding and fulfilling their requirements
- Review incoming and ongoing vendor engagement requests.
- Support Business Stakeholders around the Globe through the source-to-pay processes, procedures, and policies.
- Collaborate cross functionally with Legal, InfoSec, Privacy, Finance, IT, Compliance, etc. to help ensure new and existing vendors adhere to relevant requirements in these areas
- Collaborate to conduct RFx, lead and/or actively support contract negotiation with suppliers and agencies; develop negotiation approaches, fallback positions and acceptable terms and conditions through contract completion and identify important benchmarks to measure contractual arrangements
- Support and influence negotiations with a focus on cost-reductions, spend-optimization, risk mitigation, and process compliance
- Ensure alignment with appropriate procurement, sourcing, and/or category strategy and corporate policies through continuous dialogue with category, procurement, and business stakeholder leads
- Minimum 5 years of Procurement/Strategic Sourcing experience.
- Experience depth with Source-to-Contract and Procure-to-Pay Practices
- Superior relationship building, relationship management, and interpersonal communication and influencing skills
- Communicates effectively, listens carefully, and seeks and values different perspectives of others
- Capable of prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience using Procurement and Sourcing Tools such as SCOUT, COUPA, Oracle, etc
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 - USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $106,200 - USD $129,800
Zone C: USD $97,100 - USD $118,700
Zone D: USD $85,700 - USD $104,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.