This key role will support EDF's long-term success and sustainable growth by building out a new strategic procurement function that results in responsible stewardship of organizational resources, streamlining of business processes, and a combination of quality, flexibility, innovation and diverse, sustainable suppliers.
The Director of Procurement is responsible for developing and implementing long-term strategies for corporate purchasing of direct and indirect goods and services, strategic sourcing, effective contracting, data analytics, and end-to-end procure-to-pay processes. The Director will also lead procurement team members and the organization with procurement processes, changes, and updates to other related activities. They will create/modernize procurement policies and procedures, and develop a centralized procurement program that will add value and efficiency to the organization as well as mirroring EDF values. This team will have tactical responsibility for developing and implementing policies, procedures, and systems that support the company's acquisition and management of goods and services. The role reports to the VP, Corporate Services & Risk Management. Builds and manages a staff of 2.
Scale and scope: EDF purchasing is over $80M/year with over 200 vendors. We are growing internationally and are implementing a new ERP system, NetSuite.
- Develop and communicate a centralized procurement business plan and long-term goals for the department to promote effectiveness and efficiency.
- Work to transform the organization into a best practices model for service delivery while delivering close partnership across all areas. Manage change in the organization as new processes are rolled out.
- Serve as the primary contact for procurement-related questions, training, policy and procedure interpretation, and alignment by all departments.
- Partner and collaborate with Legal, Compliance, and Finance on creation of new contract development, RFP processes, preferred vendor programs, supply chain sustainability, etc.
- Work with Program colleagues to source and identify new collaborators and partners, including contractors and sub-awardees.
- Design and lead the competitive bidding process for collaborators and partners.
- Manage current procurement policies, procedures, and programs, focusing on their ability to enhance organizational value, efficiency, and compliance with laws, regulations, and EDF policies.
- Meet regularly with respective departments regarding procurement for their understanding and recommendations to enhance policies, procedures and develop, communicate, and implement new/revised policies, procedures, and programs as needed.
- Develop supply chain diversity and partner to ensure sustainability.
- Develop and implement procurement-related training programs for the procurement team and organization.
- Manage and administer procurement team performance and development plans and appraisals.
- Extensive knowledge of category-led strategic sourcing, vendor management, contracting, supplier risk management, and supplier relationship management.
- Demonstrated ability to aggregate spend in a highly decentralized environment.
- Experience developing and implementing strategic planning processes, benchmarking, and organizational performance measures to drive improvement.
- Communicates effectively cross-functionally, with the ability to articulate analysis, options, and conclusions orally and in writing for diverse audiences.
- Exceptional negotiator and proven experience in establishing and maintaining professional relationships, including success in networking and cross-functional collaboration.
- Outstanding team building and leadership skills.
- Change management skills
- Familiarity with nonprofit procurement such as sub-grantee awards and contracts is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Logistics or similar relevant fields
- 10 years of related experience, with at least 3 years of supervisory experience
- A results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development, and compliance
LOCATION NOTE: This role can accommodate remote-US work as well as in-office in any of our major US offices, when it is safe to do so.