Maritz is looking for a Director of Corporate Procurement to lead a team of procurement professionals, develop and implement best in class procurement strategies, best practices and processes. This individual will develop and monitor key supplier relationships, develop partnership relationships across the organization and implement strategies to source the business and negotiate contracts effectively to maximize value for the business in compliance with policies.
- 50% - Thought Partnership: Work closely with stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of their business/functional area and identify possible sourcing opportunities and/or challenges.
- Counsel sales and account executives on creative problem solving and navigation of the Procurement process on the sell-side.
- Lead team efforts to collect relevant market intelligence information and present findings to stakeholders and/or management with any recommended course of action.
- Guide annual category planning process of the team to ensure a proactive approach to addressing stakeholder needs.
- Development of benchmarks and scorecards to be used for continuous improvement.
- 25% Strategic Sourcing and Policy: Establishes and implements strategic sourcing strategies to drive savings while balancing other business needs.
- Leads sourcing initiatives for highly complex, confidential, or other projects as required by business.
- Establishes and implements procurement best practices, policies and procedures including by not limited to RFP’s, bid analysis, supplier selection and management, spend analysis, negotiation, cost reduction, performance improvement and contract compliance.
- Provides guidance and oversight on sourcing projects handled by the Procurement team.
- 25% People and Department Management: Develops and manages a best-in-class Procurement function by hiring, coaching, leading, and retaining top talent.
- Management of procurement team in sourcing, contracting, transactional purchasing, supplier management and miscellaneous internal procurement support activities.
- Manage the annual budget and ongoing monthly forecast tracking. Establish departmental goals and regularly review progress of goals with executive management.
Type of Degree Required: Bachelor's
Type of Degree Preferred: Master's
Years Of Experience:
4 - 6 years
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Actuary or Finance (or related field) required, Master's degree preferred.
- 5 or more years of overall experience in spend management and analysis/processes required, 2 to 3 years of experience specifically in IT spend category management required, 2 or more years of people management experience required.
- Ability to “sell” procurement’s value and to run procurement as a services business like any other well-run professional services business.
- Strategic mindset and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed mathematical, statistical and analytical skills. Thorough level of knowledge in financial analysis, forecasting, and planning.
- Proven high-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including use of data management, analytical functions, Macros and all data analysis tools. Proficiency and good understanding of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Access.