Lucas Group has partnered with a flexible packaging manufacturer on their search for an accomplished Head of Procurement/Chief Procurement Officer to lead the creation of a centralized procurement organization to keep up with the company's growth.
- The CPO will be responsible for the creation of the company's first centralized procurement organization.
- Work with internal stakeholders to demonstrate the value of the procurement organization and bring the spend under management.
- As this is a new organization, the CPO is a player/coach who will personally develop and manage the supplier base for critical materials (blown films) with a goal of diversifying the supplier base.
- Manage a team of 3 buyer/planners and develop their sourcing skills.
- The primary spend categories are blown films, plus inks, plates, MRO and logistics.
- This role will work with internal stakeholders to develop, implement and execute procurement strategies.
- Establish and manage the SIOP function to integrate sales forecasting, MRP, production scheduling, and finished goods inventory control
- Advance the adoption of technological tools, the application of available market intelligence, and the use of performance metrics
- This role will strategically manage the spend to identify opportunities that drive sustainable improvement in cost, quality, service and innovation.
- Lead supplier relationship management activities that drive a culture of innovation and continuous improvement by partnering with key business stakeholders to develop and track supplier Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure robust commercial arrangements meet applicable business, legal, sustainability and ethical requirements.
- A role model both within the organization and the wider market creates a culture of honesty, integrity and trust.
The role is based outside Boston, MA
Relocation assistance is available within the US for qualified candidates
- Bachelor's Degree required (preferably in supply chain, logistics or business administration of related).
- Minimum of 10+ years in a supply chain role with at with at least 5-7 years in a supervisory capacity. Experience with polyethylene and polypropylene polymers, blown extrusion, and/or films is essential.
- Must have the ability to lead, coach and mentor colleagues as well the ability to motivate others, as well as themselves.
- Hands on leader who will roll up sleeves and lead by example (will personally manage key materials supplier negotiations)
- Demonstrated ability to lead transformation of a procurement organization
- Experience with the SIOP process (ideally leading or creating)
- Must be able to be effectively interact with all levels of management. Display the abilities to coordinate and change priorities efficiently while possessing a high degree of managerial courage and a willingness to be candid and direct in order to develop and implement strategies and tactics.
- Excited by the challenge of significantly growing the categories and capable of driving that growth
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- ERP systems implementation experience is helpful.
- ISM or APICS Certification is a plus.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US.
About Lucas Group:
Lucas Group is North America's premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. Our national reach spans major U.S. cities, job functions and industries, with divisions specializing in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Military Transition, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Operations. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.