Our client is among the world’s leading providers of high-quality products for the construction industry, such as formwork and trench shoring systems. This European medium-sized company maintains a solid international presence with subsidiaries in five continents and a well-established global network of distribution partners in 20 countries.
Our client is actively looking to recruit a results-driven, hands-on, and forward-thinking CEO to direct the overall operations of the company’s US subsidiary based out of Florida. The chosen candidate shall provide strategic leadership in all aspects of sales, business development, production, administration, and day-to-day operations of the US organization to further its market share and shape its strategic direction in the North America region.
- Lead sales and business development
- Direct day-to-day operations of the US subsidiary
- Participate in the development and execution of mid- and long-term plans
- Oversee all administrative activities including accounting, finance, human resources and IT.
- Oversee production activities as well as budget and cost control and ensure all activities are on track.
- Manage relationships at multiple levels and disciplines.
- Develop and maintain a deep knowledge of the markets, the industry and the individual key players who drive / influence investment decisions.
- Leverage programs for distribution partners and ensure acquisition of vertical markets together with partners.
- Liaise with the global executive management team to ensure sales and operational targets are being met.
- Represent the organization in important external business relationships and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Several years of leadership experience in sales management, business development and key account management coupled with operational / general management experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Ideally with experience in the construction industry; background in formwork systems or similar products would be an advantage.
- Proven track record of successfully managing similar sized organization (company, BU, group, division) with P&L or budget responsibility.
- Strong knowledge in multi-level sales channel (e.g. distribution, system integrators) is a plus.
- Direct experience working across diverse cultures in a foreign-based company would be desirable.
TH Bender is the leading American executive search company of German heritage and American origin. With a focus on recruiting the first and second management levels of American subsidiaries of overseas-based companies, we recruit Country Managers (CEO's, Presidents, General Managers) and their direct reports, evaluate existing teams, help with succession planning, and create successful teams from scratch - efficiently and discreetly.