The Chief Administrative Officer will plan, oversee, manage, and optimize the business and administrative operations of Sutter Medical Group (SMG) to ensure organizational effectiveness. Provide consultation to the President/CEO, SMG Board, Committee Chairs, and medical group leaders to enable appropriate business decisions. Communicate and partner with Sutter Medical Foundation (SMF) Leadership Team relating to business operations and strategic planning. Collaborate with SMG, SMF, and Sutter Health leadership to fulfill strategic initiatives and enhance the integrated system of healthcare. Represents SMG in its internal and external business relationships.
Sutter Medical Group is a successful, 1000+ member multi-specialty group offering physicians and clinicians the opportunity to build their practices within a progressive, financially sound and collaborative organization. Sutter Medical Group is an affiliated medical group with Sutter Health, one of the nation's largest healthcare providers, demonstrating a commitment to our patients and communities in Northern California. SMG is recognized as a Top Performing Physician Group by the Integrated Healthcare Association. Our members are dedicated to providing the highest quality and most complete health care possible to the people in the communities we serve in the greater Sacramento Sierra Region of Amador, Placer, Sacramento, Solano and Yolo Counties.
The new CAO, will be replacing the retiring incumbent, and shall report directly to the SMG President/CEO. The CAO shall provide direct oversight and management to the SMG Administrative Support team; Administrative Assistants, Administrative Directors, Senior Executive Assistant to the President/CEO and Board of Directors; and the SMG Revenue Cycle Liaison.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Overall SMG Business Operations and accounting oversight of SMF business support services within Accounts Payable, Monthly Financials, 401(k)/Retirement Plan
- Member of the Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) Management Committee. Provide direction, oversight, and management of the financial results of APCs within SMG
- Manage and oversee the performance of the Administrative support functions. Perform on-going mentoring and development
- Perform annual evaluation for SMG Revenue Cycle Liaison
- Advise and participate in the Professional Services Agreement (PSA) negotiation process between SMG and SMF
- Support Board governance function and development, including education and performance assessment
- Oversee retirement plan services as representative to the Plan Administrator and the Fiduciary
- Serves on various strategic, operational, business, legal, compensation, and financial committees as warranted and assigned
- Provides counsel to SMG Leadership and Board on strategic and operational decisions
- Participate in the annual strategic planning development process
- Represents SMG Leadership to internal and external constituencies
- Direct oversight in the development of operating budgets
- Facilitate, negotiate, interpret, and engage in contracts with various entities and organizations on behalf of SMG
- Provides counsel to SMG Leadership on succession planning and Leadership Development
- Commits to and models behaviors consistent with the SMG Compact
- Other duties as assigned
Education And Experience Requirements:
- Masters prepared candidate required or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Five to ten years experience in healthcare, with an emphasis on medical group management
- Five to ten years management experience, with demonstrated experience in business and financial performance
- Experience in physician group operations, finance, and contract negotiations
- Demonstrated knowledge of group practice culture and challenges facing medical groups
- Effective communication skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution
- Other applicable, demonstrable skills and experience will be considered to address any deficiencies for the above listed criteria
Salary commensurate with experience.