Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
The Category Manager will be responsible for managing the assigned category with a total annual spend of $100-200 million. Drive and execute category strategies and sourcing plans. Develop and maintain critical relationships with various cross-functional departments forging effective partnerships. Pursue strategic supplier partnerships to drive value and create competitive advantage. Understand and evaluate market trends. Be a Subject Matter Expert for the assigned category.
- Analyze spend reports to identify trends and opportunities for cost reductions.
- Develop and execute short term and long-term strategies for the assigned category.
- Work with internal stakeholders to define the scope and objectives of strategic sourcing events. Drive supplier selection in collaboration with cross-functional teams. Conduct supplier negotiations.
- Maintain ownership of supplier relationships.
- Establish and monitor Key Performance Indicators to ensure supplier performance on value added benefits.
- Negotiate Master Services Agreements and Preferred Agreements with suppliers.
- 10+ year procurement/strategic sourcing experience.
- College degree. Masters preferred. CPSM, CPIM, or CSCP valued.
- 5+ years procurement experience of Indirect Goods & Services preferred.
- Category Management
- Strategic Sourcing
- Vendor Management
- Supplier Performance Management
- Strategic Stakeholder Engagement
- Contracts / commercial contractual clauses
- Source-to-pay process
- Specific category knowledge preferred
- Additional languages skills a plus (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese)
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.