Leads the development and execution of holistic, enterprise-wide category management strategies, including strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, diversity, and risk management initiatives. Develops, executes, and manages sourcing strategies using the FedEx sourcing methodology. Responsible for strategic functions including evaluation of category/spend information, benchmarking, and making recommendations for sourcing strategy and supplier scorecard criteria. Develops category expertise, category management expertise, and market contacts, working closely with suppliers and internal stakeholders in all aspects of sourcing. Leads internal projects/programs. Participates in supplier negotiations, supporting senior staff and leadership. Effectively interacts with executives. Acts with authority with suppliers, business stakeholders, Finance, and Legal.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in supply chain, business, finance, mathematics, or other quantitative discipline. Minimum two (2) years' work experience in sourcing, financial analysis, or related field, a related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirement. Excellent knowledge of project management, current technology tools/advances, and database/analytical tools. Good interpersonal skills. Strong written and oral communication skills.
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience leading supplier diversity, risk, and sustainability programs
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex business problems
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an ability to communicate to any level
- Strong data analysis and data science skills w/advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and effective stakeholder relationships
- Strong planning, organization, and project management skills
- Understanding of Quality Driven Management or similar (Six Sigma, TQM) processes
Relocation assistance may be available based on business need.
Domicile: Memphis, TN / other locations will be considered
The successful candidate must be able to start the position within 30 days of the offer.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire