An expanding global presence led to an internal battle for PCI Pharma Services as it worked to manage procurement costs. As PCI grew, they struggled to accurately track competitive bids and account for bandwidth challenges of the teams. Despite seeing growth across the company, PCI continued to seek ways to achieve bottom-line savings, meet preset goals, and relieve the workload buyers faced with manual bidding policies. The key for PCI was found in automating the process with an intelligent, automated procurement platform. By implementing a digitized solution, PCI's suppliers achieved seamless connection with buyers which drove down costs and saved the company millions in sourcing events.
You will learn:
- How to balance global expansion with effective management of procurement costs
- About the role of automation in helping companies receive competitive bids for MRO purchases
- How digital transformation is aiding and empowering procurement teams
- How innovative supply chain solutions empower and encourage human connection and team efficiencies
Al Moss, Jr. is a Senior Executive with over 20 years’ leadership experience, with particular expertise in supply chain management across a wide variety of industries.
Al’s early career at Procter & Gamble and General Mills provided a foundation of production, operations, and change management. From there, he moved to MillerCoors, where he made progressive, record-breaking efficiency improvements, delivering on all Safety, People, Quality, Service, and Cost metrics. At BP and Coty, his continuous improvement skills saved millions of dollars by decreasing defects, operational inefficiencies, and inefficient logistics resource utilization.
Al has diverse experience in both publicly traded corporations and private companies, and what really sets him apart from other industry leaders is his strong educational background. With two master’s degrees and an ImpactEd/DiverseForce certification under his belt, Al is currently pursuing a Doctor of Business Administration degree in Supply Chain Management while working full time as the Global Vice President of Supply Chain and Strategic Sourcing for PCI Pharma Services.
Since joining PCI Pharma Services, Al has been responsible for over 900 employees, overseeing supply chain functions in 25 GMP manufacturing sites across 6 continents. He led the implementation of a supply chain practice, encompassing global alignment of planning, procurement, and sourcing process across all production facilities, delivering over $25M in EBITDA enhancements in three years while developing a digitally integrated supply chain.
Al has many other career accomplishments. Some of those specific achievements include the following:
- Reduced YOY TIR from 1.16 to 0.5 through improved employee engagement and implementation of behavioral observed safety (BOS) program.
- Achieved 60% YOY reduction in PPM defects using 6 sigma, lean, 5-Y, and other CI methodologies.
- Delivered 15% productivity increase ($2M cost savings) by developing and implementing planning and scheduling strategy, maximizing operational resources while minimizing format change losses.
- Saved nearly $90M in costs by working with offshore assets to create a performance review process for logistics resource use.
- Effectively manages 18K pallet positions and inventory valued at $5B.
Al’s splits his time between Florida and Pennsylvania. He is married with three kids, has a brown belt in Jiu jitsu, and enjoys lifting weights. He is also an active community member.
Tarek Alaruri is the COO and co-founder of Fairmarkit, where his expertise in logistics has helped the company revolutionize how enterprises manage “tail spend” purchases. Tarek was honored as one of Forbes 30 under 30 in enterprise technology in 2020. In addition to sitting on Fairmarkit’s board of directors, he is a member of the advisory board for The Indiana University School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering. Prior to founding Fairmarkit, Tarek was the Director of Sales Development at Turbonomic and managed contract negotiations with the Fortune 500 at Total Quality Logistics. Tarek holds a bachelor's degree in Chemistry from Indiana University, where he was also a Varsity Division I wrestler.