Our deepest belief is that the procurement functions, by connecting with stakeholders and creating coalitions along the entire supply chain, are uniquely positioned to accelerate transformations and deliver the impact promised by most corporations on environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG).
SIG and Oliver Wyman have developed a survey to assess the current maturity level of Procurement organizations globally, across various industries and geographies, to highlight the best practices and identify the upcoming challenges for CPOs.
Specifically, this survey examines the following criteria to determine your maturity in sustainable procurement:
- Convert ESG-related company ambitions into strategic procurement objectives
- Build a robust baseline on each ESG dimension
- Embed ESG in category strategy
- Explicitly state your goals and pledge to suppliers
- Embark, engage, and challenge suppliers
- Team up with partners to share ESG-related best practices
- Champion change internally
- Accelerate change externally
- Reinvent procurement performance monitoring towards ESG
- Embed sustainability in the core procurement processes
- Upskill teams to better engage suppliers on sustainability
- Embed ESG in procurement data and digital asset strategy
Share your insights with SIG and Oliver Wyman on our new Sustainable Procurement Maturity Survey!
Karina Swette is a Partner in Oliver Wyman’s Operations and Consumer and Industrial Products Practice. She has a specialty in procurement, strategic sourcing, supply chain, operational cost reduction, and due diligence and operational due diligence.
Carlos Garcia Martin is a Principal in Oliver Wyman’s Operations and Transportation & Services Practice. He focuses primarily on restructuring, operational cost reduction, and strategic sourcing. He has advised clients across multiple sectors across the U.S., South America, Europe, and Asia.