No one could have predicted that the start of Q2 would be quite like this. As the world works to flatten the curve of the COVID-19 pandemic, businesses will come to rely on procurement more than ever. This month, SIG is providing free access to a selection of business continuity resources for all readers, along with more information on earning a professional certification that will increase your value during these uncertain times, plus there's an exciting update on the Procurement Technology Summit and more.
Business Continuity Resources for Sourcing and Procurement
The SIG Resource Center has thousands of tools and templates for SIG members to use and reference, but since knowledge sharing is of critical importance right now, SIG is offering free access to the below resources to all readers, regardless of membership status. These can be used to help you and your teams ensure business continuity and plan for future crises that may arise.
- Business Continuity Management Checklist – Provides general information to assist clients in managing and minimizing the risks associated with short and long-term interruptions to business operations.
- Business Continuity Beyond Company Walls: When a crisis hits, will your vendors’ resiliency match your own? This whitepaper provides an overview of preparing your organization beyond basic vendor risk management by developing detailed procedures for understanding critical vendors’ interruption resiliency and recovery capabilities.
- FFIEC IT Examination Handbook – The BCM booklet outlines Business Continuity Management principles to help examiners evaluate how management addresses risk related to the availability of critical financial products and services. This booklet discusses BCM governance and its related components, including resilience strategies and plan development; training and awareness; exercises and tests; maintenance and improvement; and reporting for all levels of management, including the board of directors.
- Business Continuity Management Program and Technology Disaster Recovery Program Overview – This document provides an overview for business continuity management and technology disaster recovery that facilitate activities designed to protect an organization during a business continuity event. A business continuity event is an interruption with potential impact to normal business activity of the organization’s people, operations, technology, suppliers and/or facilities.
- Due Diligence on a Disaster Recovery Plan Enables Business Continuity – Creating an effective disaster recovery plan is essential to business continuity, regardless of ambiguity around IT controls for data protection.
Earn a Certification in Sourcing, Supply Chain, Risk Management or Intelligent Automation
In these unprecedented times, organizations will be relying on their procurement teams more than ever. By earning a SIG University certification, you can increase your value as an employee and help secure your future.
SIG University’s online learning platform provides in-depth training designed and delivered by actual subject-matter experts who are senior leaders in sourcing, procurement and risk management.
Choose from four certifications:
- Certified Sourcing Professional – 12- week program
- Certified Third Party Risk Management Professional – 10-week program
- Certified Intelligent Automation Professional – 6-week program
- Certified Supplier Management Professional – 5-week program
We hope you’ll join us online for programs starting on April 13!
Join the Digital Adventure!
The SIG Procurement Technology Summit, originally scheduled to take place in Orlando, FL from April 20-22, can now be experienced by all SIG members anywhere you have an internet connection! The Summit will now take place the week of May 11 and will be an interactive online experience. Rather than a marathon day in front of your computer, you can attend this digital Summit for a few hours each day throughout the week and hear from inspiring keynote speakers and engage with breakout session presenters. One unique aspect of this Summit is the fully digital Innovation Hall that will feature the latest technologies available on the market with expert analysis from Spend Matters analysts.
Registration is FREE for anyone whose company is a SIG member. All you need to do is register on our website to join the digital adventure!
Procure-to-Pay Transformation for Dummies
This complimentary e-book from Zycus looks at the methodologies for a digital transformation that will achieve a global world-class P2P organization by reducing complexity. You will learn the key components recommended for developing your strategy and business case, be guided in finding the right strategic partner and get armed with the metrics needed to measure success.
Stacy Mendoza is a Senior Marketing Manager with Sourcing Industry Group (SIG). She began her career as an editor for a Washington, D.C.-based market research firm where she worked on projects for political campaigns, nonprofits, and major corporations and brands. Since 2014, she has assumed progressive levels of responsibility in leading marketing and public relations campaigns and specializes in content creation, social media marketing, data analytics, media relations and crisis communications. Stacy holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from The Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida, a certificate in proposal writing from The Graduate School in Washington, D.C., and is Inbound Certified through Hubspot Academy. Follow her on Twitter and tweet at @SIG_Stacy.