Background & Purpose of the Job
Part of the Supply Chain family, Procurement is responsible for over 30B of material and services spend globally with more than 60,000 suppliers, over half of them in MBS. Getting the right services and materials, sustainably sourced and ensuring responsible procurement is critical to ensuring our brands with purpose grow. Our teams work closely with the business to understand stakeholders needs, bring innovation to meet changing consumer, employees and customer’s needs, and drive financial value for Unilever through competitive buying.
Our strategy is ‘Procurement with Purpose’ and focuses on buying responsibly, buying better, and growing together with partners around the world. Our ambition is based on three key drivers: being Purpose-Led, Value-Driven, and Future-Fit.
MBS, Unilever’s Marketing and Business Services Procurement team, is responsible for Unilever’s sourcing and supplier strategy and execution for all third party spend across Marketing, Business Services, and IT, supporting the business requirements of Business Groups, Markets, and functions to drive 4G growth through strategic supplier management, cost and value management, sustainability, and innovation, aligned with Unilever’s Compass. The team manages an annual spend of ~9B Euro with a supplier base of about 40,000. Within MBS, the Associate Sourcing Manager is responsible for the Commerce portfolio E2E for all Markets as per scope in US.
The Associate Manager will work together with our Sales/Marketing/Finance functions as well as various Marketing Portfolios within Procurement teams to develop and implement Unilever’s global commerce portfolio strategies to drive sales and ROI and enhance consumer’s shopping experience across markets in collaboration with global Commerce Portfolio strategy lead.
This role requires a creative, high-energy professional who demonstrates strength in creating new strategy, explore white space and is comfortable interfacing with senior leaders to land and implement new business models, delivering business growth and bottom-line impact. Key deliverables include E2E marketing platform, ROI, sales lift, demand management, and cost savings. To deliver, it is essential to quickly learn the respective businesses in coverage, establish credibility with stakeholders, and understand vendor/market capabilities to ensure Unilever is fully leveraging supplier partnerships. This individual must be viewed as a key business partner by internal stakeholders, and as a sharp, challenging steward of Unilever resources by external vendors.
The role will foster and build a culture of collaboration and agility to enable an efficient project roll-out. It will ensure close alignment in strategy with CD, CMI, Marketing and Finance functions, MBS leaders and Market Procurement teams, Portfolio Strategy Lead by defining and utilizing a robust support network for the whole team and providing clarity on the ways of working, roles and responsibilities.
Role reports into Global Portfolio Strategy Lead.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Understand the business needs related to Promo & Commerce portfolio; translate the business requirements regarding the Markets in scope by working very closely with the Strategic Sourcing Manager and Portfolio Strategy Lead.
- Connect strategy & execution of Global Commerce portfolio into the Market goals and priorities, aligned with Unilever Compass, Procurement with Purpose and OneMBS strategies and principles.
- Work together with Local Stakeholder and functions (Customer Development, DMMC, Finance, F4G CMI) execute the sourcing strategies, operating models, and supplier relationships that help drive 4G growth in accordance with our plans, including a focus on Responsible Sourcing strategies.
- Deliver against financial targets and other KPIs (including value delivery) as per business plan objectives, accountable for delivery of results from all BUs and BGs
- Implement Unilever Partner with Purpose strategy, balancing the portfolio of global and local suppliers.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders, to support business, market, MBS and Procurement priorities and enable rapid alignment and deployment.
- Lead rigorous execution of the priorities and transformation initiatives across the Markets E2E, look for development opportunities. Synergies between global design and local execution, consolidation, and transformational commercials.
- Ensure Portfolio fundamentals (i.e., data consistency, data insights, recurring stakeholder communications, contracts, quality processes etc.) are all put in place for Markets in scope.
- Future proof the portfolio for the Markets by driving digital approaches, while building technology enablers to help manage selected portfolio and scope, via an impactful sustainability agenda.
- Support internal performance management and reporting including creation and stewardship of relevant key performance indicators.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- 3-5 years of procurement, marketing consulting, or shopper marketing experience.
- Experience in managing complex portfolio/category, at global or multi-regional level is desired.
- Understanding of supply market, value-chain, and FMCG knowledge. Knowledge of promo, digital media and ecommerce portfolio and consulting background a strong plus.
- Experience in strategic supplier relationship management
- Experience on good interpersonal & communication skill
- large-scale project management is plus.
- Comfortable working in conditions of ambiguity
- Delivers change whilst managing the interface between “day to day” and improvement projects.
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including creation and delivery of effective presentations.
- High financial and business acumen
- Good at project and time management
- Stakeholder management and people skills
- Microsoft Office tool proficiency including Excel and PowerPoint
- Passion and practical creativity
Pay: The pay range for this position is $83,200 to $124,700. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible.
Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
What We Can Offer You
Unilever at a Glance | Working at Unilever | Powering our Purpose | Planet & Society | Unilever’s Brands | Unilever on LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Diversity, Equity & Inclusion | Careers at Unilever | Benefits, Learning, & Wellbeing | Latest News About Unilever
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.