Al Moss, Jr. is a Senior Executive with over 20 years’ leadership experience, with particular expertise in supply chain management across a wide variety of industries.
Al’s early career at Procter & Gamble and General Mills provided a foundation of production, operations, and change management. From there, he moved to MillerCoors, where he made progressive, record-breaking efficiency improvements, delivering on all Safety, People, Quality, Service, and Cost metrics. At BP and Coty, his continuous improvement skills saved millions of dollars by decreasing defects, operational inefficiencies, and inefficient logistics resource utilization.
Al has diverse experience in both publicly traded corporations and private companies, and what really sets him apart from other industry leaders is his strong educational background. With two master’s degrees and an ImpactEd/DiverseForce certification under his belt, Al is currently pursuing a Doctor of Business Administration degree in Supply Chain Management while working full time as the Global Vice President of Supply Chain and Strategic Sourcing for PCI Pharma Services.
Since joining PCI Pharma Services, Al has been responsible for over 900 employees, overseeing supply chain functions in 25 GMP manufacturing sites across 6 continents. He led the implementation of a supply chain practice, encompassing global alignment of planning, procurement, and sourcing process across all production facilities, delivering over $25M in EBITDA enhancements in three years while developing a digitally integrated supply chain.
Al has many other career accomplishments. Some of those specific achievements include the following:
- Reduced YOY TIR from 1.16 to 0.5 through improved employee engagement and implementation of behavioral observed safety (BOS) program.
- Achieved 60% YOY reduction in PPM defects using 6 sigma, lean, 5-Y, and other CI methodologies.
- Delivered 15% productivity increase ($2M cost savings) by developing and implementing planning and scheduling strategy, maximizing operational resources while minimizing format change losses.
- Saved nearly $90M in costs by working with offshore assets to create a performance review process for logistics resource use.
- Effectively manages 18K pallet positions and inventory valued at $5B.
Al’s splits his time between Florida and Pennsylvania. He is married with three kids, has a brown belt in Jiu jitsu, and enjoys lifting weights. He is also an active community member.