The month of June is a time for reflection. As you approach the halfway point in the calendar year, it is a good time to consider what you've learned in the past six months and how you can apply those learnings going forward. Some changes will be easy, such as process improvements, but changes in partnerships or relationships will require more stakeholder support. Reflection coupled with bold action can make for transformative change at the end of the year.
SIG has a variety of resources, thought leadership and crowd-sourced best practices and benchmarking studies to help you navigate any challenge you encounter so you don't have to reinvent the wheel every time something pops up. Here's a rundown of how SIG can help you meet your goals in June.
Summer Enrollment Savings
SIG University's summer programs begin July 16. A dedicated member of our team will help up-skill you or your team, with options to enroll in a five-week Certified Supply Management Professional program or a twelve-week Certified Sourcing Professional program. Enroll in our summer programs now and you’ll be ready to implement what you’re learning as early as Q3. While you are planning ahead, consider enrolling in our new Risk curriculum and earn a Certified Third Party Risk Management Professional designation. This eight-week program launches September 24.
These comprehensive programs provide professionals with principles that can be immediately put into practice, including:
- Hard and soft skills of sourcing
- Best and emerging practices in third party risk and lifecycle management
- Governance and oversight best practices, controls and board reporting with a view from the top
- Next practice insights in artificial intelligence, big data and other disruptive technologies
- Contract administration, value realization, risk mitigation, compliance and continuous improvement
- Enterprise, operational and third party risk management and how to align specific tools, processes and controls
To get started, download the catalog and we will help identify which sourcing certifications are the best fit for you and your team. Our programs are designed to be flexible to accommodate working buy-side and provider professionals’ busy schedules. Discounts of 15% off are available if you enroll before June 18 and are even deeper for teams of 10 or more!
Help a Fellow SIG Member
The SIG Peer2Peer program allows members to access best practices on topics specific to their needs. Using the Peer2Peer resource, you can leverage the experience of other industry professionals by posing questions to the greater SIG community on issues you are facing within your organization.
Members use this forum to locate resources, source providers, seek advice on hot topics and share their lessons learned. Below are the most recent Peer2Peer requests from members. Login to your SIG account to post a reply. Got an inquiry you’d like to submit? Pose your inquiry via email.
You or someone on your team may know the answer to one of the questions below. If you do, please take a moment to help a fellow SIG member from the buy-side. You may need their help one day, too!
- Commercial Print Global Services -- Do you use any global print companies that you could recommend? If so, please respond.
- Diversity and Inclusion Messaging -- This buy-side SIG member wishes to refresh their Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) message. They are seeking agencies with deep D&I or even global HR experience and portfolios, such as D&I metrics, women's efforts, data-focused graphics, etc. Do you have any recommendations?
- Suppliers for Optical Character Recognition, Document Capture and Language Software -- This SIG buy-side member is looking for market intelligence for suppliers that provide optical character recognition, document capture and language software for both PC and mobile devices. Please respond with your suggestions.
- Risk Management Organizational Models and Reporting Structure -- This buy-side CPO in the finance industry would like to quickly benchmark on the reporting structures for risk management programs. Please take a moment and share your thoughts.
SIG Announces Strategic Partnership with Emerging Europe Alliance
SIG is excited to announce a strategic partnership with the Emerging Europe Alliance for Business Services, Innovation and Technology. The Alliance is a membership organization that seeks to foster innovation and creativity across emerging Europe by promoting the talent, technology and service capability strength in the wider region, while simultaneously showcasing each country’s unique value proposition.
The Alliance strives to build prosperous and progressive economies by leveraging the advantages of each region before drilling down by country and city. By giving these regions a unified voice to the world, the Alliance intends to:
- Positively influence, change and reinforce market perception of emerging European innovation and technology capability
- Promote the entire region as a formidable digital service hub for the future
- Support the region as it builds future generations of leaders in a digitally enabled world
- Positively influence international policy makers and academia
- Recognize, acknowledge and celebrate the best and most innovative technology providers that the region has to offer
Visit the Emerging Europe Alliance website for more information on membership.
Stacy Mendoza is a Digital Marketing Specialist with Sourcing Industry Group (SIG). Stacy began her career in market research as an editor for Hart Research Associates in Washington, D.C. Since moving back to Florida in 2014, she has worked in marketing and public relations, specializing in content creation, media relations and crisis communications. Stacy is a passionate volunteer who donates her time to help nonprofits develop marketing strategies and awareness campaigns. Stacy holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from The Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida. Follow her on Twitter and tweet at @SIG_Stacy.