SIG’s Fall 2018 Global Executive Summit in Rancho Mirage, California, is less than three weeks away! That means it’s time to kick things into high gear and prepare yourself and your team for the most innovative and thought-provoking sourcing event of the year.
With more than 350 delegates in attendance, numerous educational sessions and workshops, plus how-to labs, speed networking, a CPO Roundtable Program and a charity golf scramble, there is a lot to prepare for! Navigating such a vast event may seem overwhelming at first, but don’t fret. I’ve outlined four tips that will have you walking into the Summit like a seasoned vet.
1. Plan Your SIG Summit Agenda with the new SIG Events App
One thing you’ll want to do before you depart for Rancho Mirage is to create your Summit agenda. This fall, with 100+ speakers, 50+ educational sessions, panel discussions, networking receptions, keynote presentations, how-to labs and fun entertainment, there is a lot to do in just four days! Even if you’re a longtime Summit attendee, planning your agenda goes a long way. To make this easy on delegates, we have a new app with a built-in schedule planner tool.
There are multiple ways to download the SIG events app to your smart device:
- Search for SIG Events in the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store
- For all other devices (including BlackBerry, Windows and all other web browser-enabled devices), while on your device in your mobile browser follow this link: https://event.crowdcompass.com/sigfall18
- Use your QR Code Reader to scan this QR Code:
Once you've downloaded the app, logged in, created your profile and connected your social media accounts, visit the "Schedule" page. To quickly add a session to your schedule, click the plus button next to each session title.
If you'd like more information on the session's learning objectives or the speaker, click the session title and then select the "Add" icon. Then, you can view your complete agenda day by day by clicking the “My Schedule” link at the top of the page. From there, you can print out or save a copy of your customized agenda.
So don’t delay! Get started planning your Global Executive Summit agenda now. You can see the full agenda on our schedule at a glance page.
2. Update Your Professional Certifications
The next thing you’ll want to do before the Summit is update your professional certifications. Whether it be a specialized course, accreditation or certificate you’ve earned from SIG University or another organization, keeping your professional education up to date is essential. SIG University certifications are utilized by sourcing professionals who are managing a team or advancing their career to keep up with industry trends, technologies and best practices.
By updating your certifications, you’ll be ready to dive deep into the Summit content and you’ll feel more comfortable attending advanced workshops with industry experts. You’ll be eager to actively participate in the CPO Roundtable Program, an exclusive buy-side executive event where CPOs gather in an intimate setting to network and brainstorm, and the SIGInnova Product Forum to learn about the latest products impacting and disrupting procurement.
3. Update Your Social Media Profiles
Keeping your social media profiles current seems like a trivial to-do, but that’s not the case. The Summit is about more than just knowledge sharing, learning and development. It’s also about networking and collaborating with hundreds of sourcing professionals across dozens of industries to develop relationships and spark new ways of thinking.
During the Summit, you’re going to exchange ideas, challenges and solutions that will impact the future of your business and your job. You will also exchange business cards, phone numbers, email addresses and every other means of communication that exists today. Don’t be embarrassed when someone tries to connect with you and your LinkedIn profile still says that you’re working at the job you had in college years ago.
Before you arrive at the Summit, be sure your social media profiles are updated with these three things:
- An updated profile image: Be sure to use a photo of yourself that portrays you in a professional setting. That means no pictures from your best friend’s wedding or with your beloved pet. Don’t have a current headshot? You’re in luck! SIG will be offering free headshots for all attendees at this fall’s Summit on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
- Your current job title and work history: Update your job title and description with your most recent experience. Be sure to include what your business goals are, what solutions you provide and how you can be of service to others. If you are searching for your next job opportunity, be sure to highlight your skills, accomplishments and why you would be a great candidate for the type of role you’re seeking.
- The link to your company website: Include a link to your company website on your social media profile for anyone who is interested in learning more about you or your business. If you don’t have a company website, feel free to use your personal website, blog or another social media page. For example, you could include the link to your LinkedIn profile on your Twitter page where people can learn more about your background.
4. Use #SIGfall18 to Connect in Advance
Don’t wait until October 15th to start connecting with Summit attendees. Get started using #SIGfall18 on social media to find other attendees, speakers and sponsors. Start a conversation about the sessions you’re interested in, ask a question about their presentation or plan to meet during a lunch or networking reception. There will be delegates coming from all over the world to be part of this event so don't miss an opportunity to make valuable connections.
Whether you're a Global Executive Summit veteran or a first-timer, these four tips will prepare you to navigate the most comprehensive sourcing event of the year without breaking a sweat! If you haven’t registered yet, there’s still time to join us October 15-18th at the Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa in Rancho Mirage, California (just outside of Palm Springs). Register now and get ready for an industry event unlike any other!
Heather Young is the Senior Marketing Manager with SIG. She has more than 10 years of experience in business and marketing. Prior to joining SIG's marketing team, Heather was leading digital marketing for outsourcing, recruiting and workforce management at Allegis Global Solutions. Before joining Allegis Global Solutions, Heather managed the marketing department at a consulting company in Washington, D.C. Heather has a passion for philanthropy and is actively involved with non-profit organizations locally and nationally. She was the spokesperson of a two-year nationwide campaign to increase awareness of missing persons and teach safety education. Heather has a BS in Corporate Communication from the University of Baltimore.